SUPERLIGHTS III

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all the HID lights in the test maintain brightness for the duration of the runtime or is that a function of the design for just certain lights within the shootouts?

Do they just go out without warning when the battery has been drained?

Curtis

XeVision

Banned
cue003 said:
Do they just go out without warning when the battery has been drained? Curtis

Unless they have a battery (life remaining) meter, HID lights turn off without warning once the battery level is low.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
XeVision said:
Unless they have a battery (life remaining) meter, HID lights turn off without warning once the battery level is low.

thanks for the response. Don't you suffer the same fate even if you have a battery meter.... especially if it is one that you have to press to determine capacity? It is not like a cell phone etc to where you can actually see the battery bars being reduced with use. If you forget or don't press the button on the battery meter you may end up reaching for it just at the moment the light goes out.

I think an option/configuration of the meter should be for constant on meter or depress for meter status. I know the constant on meter could shorten runtime... but by how much... 5min ... ???? Maybe I am asking too much?

Maybe a strobe type effect when there is 5-10 min of charge left to give the user enough time to either turn off the light and recharge it or start preparing the replacement battery.

Curtis

That_Guy

Enlightened
Mr Ted Bear said:
just for fun, let's guess

1) knock off .... nitron handheld version of the sf hellfire 0)
2) new polarion (www.polarion.co.kr)
3) rayzor-mighty light (fits the mold... pre=production as always)
4) jenfang (you know mcculloh x990)
5) wolfeyes that finally works
6) XeRay (have they even started shipping the xeRay 50)
7) Ken 75 (first full production light for Kenshiro)
8) havis Shields ? (never say never)
9) not listed but you know the company

guess we'll just have to wait
Is it all right to enter a last minute guess? I say AE Light.
Edit: My other guess would be the 75W Polarion that has been mentioned earlier. After seeing the updated Polarion website http://www.polarion.co.kr/ this seems more likely.

Last edited:

XeVision

Banned
cue003 said:
thanks for the response. Don't you suffer the same fate even if you have a battery meter.... especially if it is one that you have to press to determine capacity? It is not like a cell phone etc to where you can actually see the battery bars being reduced with use. If you forget or don't press the button on the battery meter you may end up reaching for it just at the moment the light goes out.

I think an option/configuration of the meter should be for constant on meter or depress for meter status. I know the constant on meter could shorten runtime... but by how much... 5min ... ???? Maybe I am asking too much?

Maybe a strobe type effect when there is 5-10 min of charge left to give the user enough time to either turn off the light and recharge it or start preparing the replacement battery.

Curtis

Yes, what you say is correct. I guess my best suggestion is to use your watch for runtime.

Dan

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Polarion website looks pretty nice. The new light looks good. Too bad I don't understand what is being said on that page. Maybe someone can translate. I tried google translation but it didn't work.

Curtis

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do my eyes deceive me? It looks like Polarion is also making a "regular" flashlight as seen in the background after going to the above link and then clicking on Polarion Lighting.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rayzors seem to have corrected some of their teething issues and are back in the circle of consideration. Will they be reviewed by Mr. Ted Bear again so that the review can be updated to see how they compare to the units he received a while back for review.

These units were at the tops of many peoples lists until the results of the test units were posted and they went back to the drawing board to correct some issues.

The runtime is still very impressive to me if the testing prove it to be repeatable.

Would be interested to see if they finally achieved what they set out to.

Reviews so far can be found on http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=2577.0

Thanks.

Curtis

festiva91

Newly Enlightened
Love my polarian, only problem is a "cloudy" look to the lens, looks like a big job to disassemble the head.

Ruockolt

Newly Enlightened
Hellfighter?

I don't wan't to intrude since I'm a relative newbie at this, but with the title Superlight I couldn't help but think that this light should be consitered. That might not even be possible, since I dont know whether you can even aquire one. But, I am a die-hard SureFire fan so I thought it was worth bringing to your attention...

The SureFire HellFighter
(This thing produces 3500 lumens out of the box)

You can check this beast out at:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/24279/sesent/00

The specs:

Power source :12V DC Auto battery (adaptor included) or two 5590 military batteries
Runtime: Auto battery: continuous; 5590 batteries: 8 hours
Mount: HellFighter slides onto T-slot mount, which attaches to machine gun sleeve. Picatinny rail also incorporated into mount.
Length: 8" (body and bezel)
Weight: 10 lbs. (light and mount combined)
Bezel diameter: 4.1"
Finish: Hand anodized "NL" gray MIL-A-8625 type III, class 2
Water Resistant: O-ring seals and rubber gaskets at critical mechanical mating surfaces

Last edited:

Ruockolt

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about that, like I said, I am new at this.
I think I corrected the problem, but if I left something that shouldn't be there just let me know and I will remove it.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
And whilke we are at it ... don't change thread titles in general discussion forums either :D

Welcome to CPF ! :) :wave:

About that light ... it is generally known as the "Hellfire" and by looking on the pics you can read the name there also. I guess it is just a typo in the SF website calling it "Hellfighter".

Search for "Hellfire" and you'll find some threads and info.

bernie

Ruockolt

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about changing the thread. Eventually I'll get the rules right. Anyway I thought it was odd too that you can read "hellfire" but they title it the hellfigher. I guess thats why I couldn't find it in the other threads. Thanks.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY MAY HAVE CHANGED THE NAME , ITS HELLFIGHTER ON A BUNCH OF OTHER SITES NOW AS WELL, despite that it says hellfire on the side still.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kenshiro said:
Here's the group shot:

group1.jpg

Wow.. it takes a tremendous amount of digging to find all the specs, prices, battery types, run times, throw patterns, etc.. would be nice if someone who had all that info could compile it in one place to make it easier for shoppers.

It's neat to see a pic with them all together like that... but now I'm spoiled and want more!..

Just about the time you think you know what you want... another monkey wrench comes along from another angle.

I know someone would have to do the digging, unless someone already had that info?

Seems the pics of the X990 are all of the old ones... not the newer ones, so I don't know if I can trust the pics or not... I believe the ballast has been improved on the X990 since the "McColluch" series.. but that may only help first time striking rather than actual output?

Last edited: