SUPERLIGHTS III

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
XeVision said:
So you think That the XeRay 50 watt with 4200K bulb is in the lower performance group on the second row. I am quite confident it is on the first row.

If it is... even better. :) I had looked back in the other thread and saw the XeRay was mentioned to have a 6000K bulb which generally gives off that white/blueish color.

Wasn't trying to insult the light at all.. Just making guesses. :)

Thanks... i will be quiet now and wait for the results.

Curtis

PGP

Newly Enlightened
:popcorn:

Cant wait for the results!

:thanks: for doing this!

I can come over if you guys need ANY help. Even if it is just to fetch you guys a cup of water while you are doing these grueling tests. :grin2: You have my cell #.

Patrick!

underdog

Newly Enlightened
That_Guy said:
Who wants to play "Match the lights to the picture" with me? I'll go first. Bottom left is the SF Beast. Bottom 2nd from the left is the Costco HID. Top left is the Rayzorbeam with 4100k bulb at 50W, bottom right is Rayzorbeam with 6000k bulb at 50W, although I'm not certain about the wattage. I have ideas about the others, but I'll let the rest of you have a go now. :p
ok, my guess -
RB50, RL50S, RL50W, Xe50W, Xe50S, X99035W, X99035S
SFB, CHID, KKP, RL35W, RL35S, RB28

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
cue003 said:
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really looking to hear more about the instant restrike that the RayzorBeam has and why the Rayzorlite doesn't have the same feature..... :(

Curtis

Cue, the Rayzorlite can also be hot/instant restriked. No need to wait. It does not have the flash button for signaling/Morse like the Rayzorbeam.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear about the instant restrike, Rhino90. That was a question I had in the other thread. Can't wait for the full review. You can see 3 distinctive beams in the small photos!

MongoMadness

Newly Enlightened
YEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!

I am really excited to see the analysis & reviews!

Thanks Mr. Ted Bear!

Congrats to the Rayzor dudes!

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
so we are doing the runtime tests....
runtime.jpg

then these guys show up...
28watt.jpg

give us a few more days...were are working on it

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... How about a photo of that couch when it catches on fire from all the lumens that are being pointed at it? :laughing: :crackup:

LightTracker

Banned
Mr Ted Bear said:
so we are doing the runtime tests....
give us a few more days...were are working on it
Did the holiday company who'd previously occupied that couch find themsleves assisting in a superlight shootout?

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I was worried the old Rayzorbeam/lite thread (which was leading up to this event) was gone forever and I'd not learn the end of the saga!

Pardon my ignorance (which is ample, being a relative NEWBIE to HID), if your chart at the beginning specifically mentions a focusable model - Kumkang - in the earlier shootout, does that mean the later offerings are not focusable?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Here we go!

I've posted the photos/review of the "Super shootout 3".

http://home.earthlink.net/~kenshiro2/

I don't really consider these lights as "Superlights", so I just named them "HID lights". If you go to my web site, click on the "HID LIGHTS 2" link on the menu.

So, "Superlights 1" = "Superlight Shootout 1"
"HID lights 1" = "Superlight Shootout 2"
"HID lights 2" = "Superlight Shootout 3"

You'll also notice that the "HID lights 1" doesn't show any page. I'm not done with that yet. :)

Anyway, I have a fever, have lost my voice, have been sick since 12/11, and haven't had a good night sleep since then (which is probably why I'm still sick - afterall, it's 5:30AM right now!).

But the show must go on!

Last edited:

Luna

Enlightened
FYI: the "HID lights 1" = "Superlight Shootout 2" link doesn't work

That_Guy

Enlightened
Great work as usual Kenshiro and Mr. Ted Bear!

The Rayzors are quite disappointing. However, you only tested the 6000K versions, which are significantly dimmer than the 4100K versions. Did you also receive versions with 4100K bulbs? It looks like these lights have really been hurt by Rayzor's decision to use 6000K bulbs by default as opposed to 4100K bulbs. At 35W the 6000K bulbs would only be putting out around 2400 lumens, which equals around 4000 lumens at 50W. This is only 25% more than the 3200 lumens that 4100K bulbs at 35W put out, which would explain why they aren't much brighter. Also remember that the Rayzorbeam is only 28W at low, which puts it at a slight disadvantage to the others.

I like both the v2 Rayzorbeam and v2 Rayzorlite at 50W. The v2 Rayzorbeam has both good throw and flood in one, and the v2 Rayzorlight out floods the Beast while maintaining better throw. The v1 Rayzorlite is also pretty nice, throwing a wide, even beam. The v1 Rayzorbeam would be good if it wasn't for the huge pie slice down the middle. The Rayzor reflectors are all quite nice, only being let down by the poor bulbs.

I would like to hear what Rayzor says about the no start issue. An issue as significant as not starting would be pretty hard to not notice.

The XeVision 50W isn't much brighter than the 35W Polarion. Maybe it uses a lower quality bulb that isn't as efficient as the genuine Philips bulb?

You have split it up into 2 sections, one for 35W and one for 50W. Could you please make one giant picture so that I can see how the Rayzors compare at the different settings?

Are there any plans to review each light individually like you did in the first shootout? It would be nice to see what each light is like up close since no one else on CPF has any of these lights so it's hard to get a "feel" for them. This especially applies to the Polarion, which you said had many advanced features, but since no one else on CPF has one it's hard to know what it's like. It would also be nice to know how the new Polarion compares to the old Kumkang. From the spec sheet the new Polarion actually looked worse than the old version, but based or your comments it seems like it's much better.