SureFire EB1 Backup 200 Lumen Flashlight

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, as if swapping an outdated Cree emitter for a newer Cree emitter on the same single-output board would affect reliability.
It will change the beam pattern, which could require more R&D to redesign the optic (or even the entire bezel), and will alter the product lifecycle. In other words, it's not as simple as just substituting a part on the assembly line. How are they going to discontinue the old version and introduce the new one, and how much will that cost?

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
To me, its a no-brainer.

Me too... all I need is a low, a high and the ability to use it right out of the box without having to read a manual.

:)

In actuality, I will probably stick with the SF Backups I already have. 200 lumens would be nice, but probably overkill for what I use mine for on an everyday basis. I'm looking forward to the new ones coming out, so I can buy more of the "outdated" ones on clearance.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EB1 does not interest me as much as it did a while back. I have a fix for that niche. E1B body/tailcap with a VME head and a Malkoff M31N. 200+ lumens OTF, with a superb beam, and a nice neutral tint. It will be hard to improve over that. If the EB1 ever comes to fruition, I will probably end up buying one, but Im not holding my breath....

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Of these 2 lights that cost about the same, which would you rather have? This light, the Surefire EB1 200 Lumen backup flashlight, or the HDS Clicky/Rotary?
[h=2]To me, its a no-brainer.[/h]

You're absolutely right. Surefire, without a doubt. No brainer indeed.

I've owned about 30 of their excellent products and will continue to support them.

Incoherent

Newly Enlightened
Ok, here's the official release date as of now. October 12, 2012. Of course, they might change it again. The 200 lumen EB1 will be available in 3 colors; Black, Silver and Tan. And 2 versions; Click Switch (EB1C) and Tactical Switch (EB1T). Low mode is 5 lumens: High is 200 lumens.

New LX2 Release date (Tentative of course!) is December 31, 2012 (Is this a joke? But I'm just quoting..). There are 3 versions. LX2C-A Click Switch 15/250 lumens; LX2T-A Tactical Switch 15/250 lumens and LX2TU-A Tactical Switch 15/500 lumens.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here's the official release date as of now. October 12, 2012. Of course, they might change it again. The 200 lumen EB1 will be available in 3 colors; Black, Silver and Tan. And 2 versions; Click Switch (EB1C) and Tactical Switch (EB1T). Low mode is 5 lumens: High is 200 lumens.

New LX2 Release date (Tentative of course!) is December 31, 2012 (Is this a joke? But I'm just quoting..). There are 3 versions. LX2C-A Click Switch 15/250 lumens; LX2T-A Tactical Switch 15/250 lumens and LX2TU-A Tactical Switch 15/500 lumens.

helluva first post for a long time lurker...:wave:

The Surefires still got me interest as the last hold out using TIR optics. Seems like Malkoff has abandoned that route. Whenever you feel like it, Surefire.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

:welcome: and thanks for posting.

I have been wishing for an E-series Surefire in factory tan color but I never really considered the E1B/EB1 as a candidate. Hope to see these available soon!

Viking

Enlightened
Actually, I am interested in all three models.
I can't decide if I should buy the new LX2 , LX2 ultra or EB1.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Don't get your hopes up. I just called Surefire and they said it's projected Mid November. Was'nt that about the time last year when the Fury was released?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that I'd pick one over the other, I have the Surefire L1, A2L,A2 and the E1b. I also have four hds. What I like in the Surefire's is there simplicity, what I like about hds is the programmability. What I like about both is there solid construction.

I look forward to seeing if the hotspot is as tight on the eb1 as the e1b. If it is it'll be an awesome addition.
i hope that it comes out before Christmas, 7 months have passed and its still not on the shelves.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was given to me by marketing, but even then, past experience tells me it's not firm until I get a tracking number for the sample...