SureFire LED for Rem 870?

Greg_Jones

Newly Enlightened
FYI, exchanging the 618FA's Z32 bezel for a 6P bezel allows the M60 to sit closer to the window. This brings out the best of the M60's wide flood beam and is perfect for a CQB shotgun.

Wow, sound like you are on to something here! I can't imagine that this would be much, if any, more costly that what the L60L will cost when released. As a bonus, I assume that one could then put the Z32 module from the 618 on the 6P body and have an incan light that is more shock resistant than a standard 6P?

Looking at this idea a little differently, I suppose that one could build a "poor man's" version by using the bezel from a 6P LED or a G2 LED, and just keep the stock P60L assembly. You wouldn't get the performance of the M60, but the cost would be about half, and could always be upgraded to a M60 in the future.

I suppose one remaining question would be, if it is this simple, why isn't SireFire just using the P6/G2 LED module as a replacement for the Z32 in the 618, rather than the path that they are taking by developing the L60L?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suppose one remaining question would be, if it is this simple, why isn't SireFire just using the P6/G2 LED module as a replacement for the Z32 in the 618, rather than the path that they are taking by developing the L60L?
Apparently it is not quite that simple because the L60's Housing adapter is not designed to handle both the P60L & standard bezel - it needs to be tweeked so everything fits together exactly

Kato

Enlightened
As a bonus, I assume that one could then put the Z32 module from the 618 on the 6P body and have an incan light that is more shock resistant than a standard 6P?

You're probably right.

The 6P/Z32 combination added some structural shock resistant features found in the Z32, but naturally, not the battery barrier found in the 618FA body.

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
Here's how I solved my problem, I took the battery tube from a 3P and used it in place of the tube that came with the SF forend (Remington 870), installed an M2 bezel on it and the M60 now fits. I had tried removing the plastic piece that's installed in the original tube but the M60 still would not go in all the way due to the battery isolation feature. A standard C2 bezel worked but I figured the shock isolation feature of the M2 wouldn't hurt. I have one of those copper rings that Gene sells for this purpose, but everything seems to work ok without it. Now I need another 3P, I have a Malkoff 3V dropin for it and it was one of my favorite edc lights.

Latest posts