Surefire M6 SMO/LOP reflector to increase THROW ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alantch

Enlightened
Wow, I'm all for throw in my lights. In for 1 or 2 depending on price. Shock isolation is not important to me personally, so if it can be made that way so much the better. The more reflective surface for the light source the better, logically thinking to me, that is :thumbsup:

1wrx7

Enlightened
This is for certain, then? :sigh: I might have liked this for my SF KT1/2 TH...

I'm 98% sure. I think this is a reason some people like that version of TH for high output incans. It has more heatsinking capabillity than the shock isolated head.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
As 1WRX7 has stated, the reflector is NOT removable in the KT1/KT2 turboheads. 100% positive.

I am in for 1 or 2 for the KT4 depending on price.

Those pics look awesome!!!

Mettee

Enlightened
I am trying to retain shock isolation due to the fact that the bezel is only so big. I am thinking the reflector will end up closer to the lens. That is to allow proper focus since the parabola is much different than the stock reflector. That will aid in keeping the bulb holder in the correct position for focus with all bulbs and bulb sockets.

How many of your are going to be white wall hunting with this set up? (I know, dumb question but please answer...)

And please keep giving feedback and posting interest, I am working hard to make this happen.

Beam shot comparisons will be done of course once a final proto is done, including stock and aftermarket bulbs...etc.

Last edited:

Mettee

Enlightened
This reflector is literally mirror like, it will produce a image of the filament on a wall at close range. If you are like me and you want to use the light for real use that wont matter.

Just to put that out there now, this will not be your orange peel set up, but it will throw and get the lumen out the front :cool:

Mettee

Enlightened
Compare the two...Mcr27L VS 28mm with SST-50. Not incan but you get the point.

Mcr27L
DSC00228.jpg

28mm
DSC00229.jpg

wquiles

Flashaholic
This reflector is literally mirror like, it will produce a image of the filament on a wall at close range. If you are like me and you want to use the light for real use that wont matter.
Since I have two M6's, this will be ideal for one of them - very nice project :D

oldways

Enlightened
My vlop (almost smooth) M6 MagnumLight projects the filament image like that. My Guardian op does not and there is considerable difference in the throw.

I would be interested in the smooth reflector for the Guardian.

Mettee

Enlightened
Mettee :thumbsup:

That looks incredible.

How did you remove the bezel ring?

Is the bulb opening the same size as the stock reflector?

When these become available, pleeeese save one for me and send a pm! I don't get much free time to come on the board and I definitely don't want to miss this.

Sorry Sir,

I meant to respond to this before...

This Bezel was easy to get off, just the right tool is all it takes. Some heat too!

The bulb opening on that reflector is not the final version and is bigger than stock(.600). But the final proto will be correct in dimension :thumbsup:

It may even be that we can make these with bigger bulb openings for Phillips bulbs and or Osram if there is demand. Not completely sure but I think that "adjustment" is doable.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
A collar with OD to fit the reflector opening and ID to fit the tower stem of an FM MN bi-pin socket would allow you to use a bigger reflector opening to fit bulbs like the 5761 and 64250, which sometimes are just slightly too big to fit a stock SF TH.

Mettee

Enlightened
UPDATE...

This is moving forward as we speak. Good things are happening and hopefully we call all be patient enough for it. Should be a pretty schweet set up :thumbsup:

What I have seen in testing with reflectors that have not yet been optimised is already a dramatic change for the better in throw and overall output.

Status
Not open for further replies.