Surefire tactician

masakari

Newly Enlightened
Hey masakari
Got my today and the TT head works perfect on the LX2 body
the same function like with the original
only that the low mode is brighter than on the TT body
would say looks more to 30 or 40 Lumen

Okay thanks! I was a bit confused by the previous posts, but I get it now.
How does the size compare to the Tactician as it comes standard? Does the LX2 body make it bigger and bulkier?

Last edited:

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
No it looks perfect , same length maybe 1mm longer than the original TT
So its no problem
the Body and the head are the same dimension.
TT_LX2_small.jpg

Last edited:

JBA

Newly Enlightened
New (used) Tactician owner here. So far, I'm loving the size of the light and the beam pattern. Just getting used to the UI. The only thing is I'm having an issue with getting the high beam to come on. When I twist from low to get high it's meeting resistance and won't twist any further. If I remove the o-ring it rotates fine and I have no problem getting the high beam. I've tried moving the o-ring as low as I can on the threads but it's not helping any. Any ideas on why I'm having an issue? Can someone take a picture of their Tactician with the head removed so I can see how the o-ring is positioned?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger and get one this month. So far I've seen $112 shipped as the best price online.

Once I have it, my SF collection will include: an incan 6p Original, P1R Peacekeeper dual mode, UM2, and the Tactician...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, loving this light so far. Just threw a Lumens Factory Z52 momentary on it. It fits and works great for anyone looking for smaller option, without the lanyard ring, that maintains the intended function of the light. Here it is...

SVbWyE3.jpg

vORNAqZ.jpg

iLom0Qg.jpg

Last edited:

maserati2011

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, sorry for mess this thread up. im from Việt Nam in asia. And i would like to buy another highend flashlight. And im confused about which one should i pick SF tactician or Malkoff MD2 with highlow ring. I dont have a chance to see it both in my country. So can you help me out with this. I love to know about the quality, the finishing, the beam, the runtime with lion battery... thank you all.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maserati, you might get more feedback if you create a new thread in the "recommend me a light" sub-forum under General Flashlight Discussion. Your question will get more visibility there.

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone confirm the Tactician E2T-MV head will fit all e-series bodies? I'd like to purchase an E2T-MV light and swap the body to single cell e-series. Either a surefire body, an oveready E35 body, or an overady modoolar slim 35mm body that is compatible with E head and P tails. I want a single cell, integrated z-grip, and MV head.

Last edited:

Psypha

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone confirm the Tactician E2T-MV head will fit all e-series bodies? I'd like to purchase an E2T-MV light and swap the body to single cell e-series. Either a surefire body, an oveready E35 body, or an overady modoolar slim 35mm body that is compatible with E head and P tails. I want a single cell, integrated z-grip, and MV head.

I use my tactician head on a lx2 body with a Sanyo 16650. I tried it on a single cr123 body, SF backup and malkoff MDC and all you get is 5 lumens.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, unfortunately it will not work on all E-Series bodies. There is a bunch of discussion about this in the EDCL1-T thread as well as the Lumens Factory E-Series thread. The condensed version is that it works on some bodies but, only if the threaded section is long enough to engage high(experimentation may be required to find out which ones).

Also, in case you are unaware, the Tactician will loose some output on high when ran on a single 4.2V cell. Some have guessed you get around 500-600 lumens. I will say, there is not a large difference running my Tactician on 4.35V 16650's though.

Toehead

Newly Enlightened
Every time I see you post I keep thinking I'm responding to myself.
Thanks for the information. I'm following the other threads and I see Lumens Factory is already considering an updated body. I was expecting lumens to be between 400-600, I currently have a 415 lumen light so that is good to hear it will be on the higher end.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I see you post I keep thinking I'm responding to myself.
Thanks for the information. I'm following the other threads and I see Lumens Factory is already considering an updated body. I was expecting lumens to be between 400-600, I currently have a 415 lumen light so that is good to hear it will be on the higher end.

Lol, yeah our names are similar.

No problem👍.

Yeah, it is still plenty bright. I am going to say it is around 600-650 lumens running on a 4.35V Sanyo UR16650ZTA at startup.

I can tell you that you only get low with the LF E1 body on a 16340. It is pretty nice though in this configuration. Here are a couple of pics in case you were wondering what it looks like(one by itself and one with the EDCL1-T for size comparison)...

rq2aPg5.jpg

6n4S2B9.jpg

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my 2 way clip from Lumens Factory just came in and it fits somewhat(Not as tightly as the stock clip but, is useable). Here are some pics as requested...

zTIj5Jp.jpg

knCod4K.jpg

TTR10ZH.jpg

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Enlightened
You may be aware of this already but in case any other readers are not... the reason your two way clip is loose is because you have it installed on a tactician body which is different from the other e-series bodies.

edit to add that when I posted this I thought I was in the lumens factory thread didn't realize I was in the tactician thread...

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be aware of this already but in case any other readers are not... the reason your two way clip is loose is because you have it installed on a tactician body which is different from the other e-series bodies.

edit to add that when I posted this I thought I was in the lumens factory thread didn't realize I was in the tactician thread...
Yes, I am aware the clip channel in the body on the Tactician is wider. But, LF says this clip fits the Tactician right in the description so I figured it was modified to fit both or something. I plan to email Mark about this as it doesn't fit properly. The clip is useable but, it sure would be nice if he would make one that fits tightly with no side to side play. At very least he should put a disclaimer or remove the Tactician from the compatibility list so, there isn't any further confusion.

Edit: I spoke with Mark and he will be changing the description and apologized for the mixup. Great customer service as usual from Lumens Factory.

Last edited:

LRJ88

Enlightened
I received a brand spanking new Tactician today and looking at it straight out of the package i noticed the o-ring was squeezed outside of the head. I've already contacted SF about this but it's weird to think a flashlight at this price point from a company like SF would make such a simple mistake on a light that's supposed to be pretty much foolproof.

I usually have really bad luck with things i order so i don't expect much more, but this is a new low.

https://imgur.com/a/z057a1Y

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a brand spanking new Tactician today and looking at it straight out of the package i noticed the o-ring was squeezed outside of the head. I've already contacted SF about this but it's weird to think a flashlight at this price point from a company like SF would make such a simple mistake on a light that's supposed to be pretty much foolproof.

I usually have really bad luck with things i order so i don't expect much more, but this is a new low.

https://imgur.com/a/z057a1Y

Its hard to see anything in that pic but, if you are talking about in between the different pieces of the head, it could be the thread locker/silicone SF uses to seal their heads. Also, after a little research, I see that some of those joints use flat rubber gaskets as apposed to o-rings(in addition to the thread locker/silicone). So, if a bit of the gasket is showing it very likely is still sealed and makes no difference. Honestly, either way I would just use it man and utilize the lifetime warranty if needed.

Last edited: