Surefire tactician

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
U9AHFRm.jpg

7aty666.jpg

Keep in mind that high does not work reliably due to the Tactician's body having longer then normal threads compared to a standard E-Series. Mark from Lumens Factory is planing to make a body with longer threads to accommodate the Tactician head I believe. No idea on the timeframe however...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a E1B-MV arriving tomorrow if you want anymore Lego pics with it Wicky. I'm working a 16 tomorrow though so, it will have to be Friday.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a E1B-MV arriving tomorrow if you want anymore Lego pics with it Wicky. I'm working a 16 tomorrow though so, it will have to be Friday.

No tac, the pictures was perfecto

Much appreciated buddy [emoji1364]

So what's your output on the 16650 body, I know it's not 800, but is it atleast 200 or so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrgold

Enlightened
U9AHFRm.jpg

7aty666.jpg

Keep in mind that high does not work reliably due to the Tactician's body having longer then normal threads compared to a standard E-Series. Mark from Lumens Factory is planing to make a body with longer threads to accommodate the Tactician head I believe. No idea on the timeframe however...

wouldnt a couple oveready spring washers fix this issue?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
wouldnt a couple oveready spring washers fix this issue?
Unfortunately no.

For starters, the channel between the battery buffer and threads on a Tactician head is much more narrow then the OR washers. Second, the head switches to high when the end of the cell tube makes contact with flat at the bottom of the head threads. If you used a spring washer you would either get high all of the time or it would flicker from high to low when shook unless backed way off(and even then it may flicker).

The only way I could see making it work other then making a body with a longer threaded section(like LF is doing), is to manufacture a flat Beryllium Copper washer the right thickness and friction fit it or glue it so it can't move. I haven't had a good look yet but, it may also be possible to use a blob of solder. Either way, I dont want the Lego to work that badly lol.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My personal and removable solution to be able to use the E2T head with my EDCL1/E1B bodies is by using an old telephone solid copper wire.
I missed this post some how. Good idea. How does it work for switching back and forth between high and low? Do you have to back it off lots? Any flickering to high mode when light is banged on your hand in low?

akula88

Enlightened
So far it's been functionally reliable, although I'm a casual user.

I always start on low, and twist-tight to high. Works like a clock so far.

I just pull out the copper coil wire with a hobby twizzer if I use the head with the original E2T body.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I've run into an issue which i hope that someone here could help me with, have any of you noticed accelerated head o-ring wear or burrs on the head-end body threads? I've had to change the o-ring once already because it was starting to wear out on half of it, and i noticed there's a pronounced burr on the thread that seems to scrape against it when manipulating the head.

XJGPN

Newly Enlightened
So, at the beginning of the thread there are a bunch of dead links to Yeager's videos about this light. I believe those were from his old account. Does anyone know if those videos are hosted anywhere else now? Or just lost forever?

340pd

Newly Enlightened

r

Good people here.

sumterjr

Newly Enlightened
Two days of heavy use and I could not be more pleased. The fit and finish are flawless, handling and beam are superb, and the overall package nails it for my EDC needs. If you have a light with issues work through them, the effort will be worth it.

LRJ88

Enlightened
KYVXMIp.jpg
08tmzHF.jpg

I can't find an option for a smaller image, but you can see issue i mentioned earlier here with the threads. That's chewing up the o-ring on it when the head rotates.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
KYVXMIp.jpg
08tmzHF.jpg

I can't find an option for a smaller image, but you can see issue i mentioned earlier here with the threads. That's chewing up the o-ring on it when the head rotates.
You can try some 1000 grit sand paper then maybe 800 to smooth out those sharps edges that might help it send it back to Surefire.

scout24

Flashaholic
I have a question: Does the Tactician have tailcap threas like a regular e series (e2e, e1e) type light, or like an L1/LX2/A2? Thanks...

Latest posts