the Domain JSBurlys has been stolen

watt4

Enlightened
You need to contact http://tucows.com/ about the domain theft.

I have the whois info saved for that domain from July 2006.

If you want it, PM me.

Just a note here: at that time the domain nameservers were the same as for CPF.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
Various contact info on Tucows

Head Office:
Tucows Inc.
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
M6K 3M1
Phone: 1-416-535-0123
Fax: 1-416-531-5584
Tel: 416-535-0123
Fax: 416-531-5584
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free North America:
1-800-371-6992 International:
+ 800-371-69922

Reseller Support Center
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm (EST)
North America:
1-800-371-6992
International:
+ 800-371-6992

Telephone support is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm Eastern time.

North American Toll-Free:
1-866-337-8633

http://helpcenter.tucows.com/Email.php

paulr

Flashaholic
I thought there was supposed to be a 30 day grace period after a domain expired, during which you could renew it. Blecch.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Man, what a scam. They probably mined a cached page of the original site and then made it into a spampage for whoever picked up the name.

If I knew how to do a DNS attack, I'd consider it.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like somebody stole JSB's identity, pretend to be JSB and moved the website. The problem is what else he/she stole - credit card info, bank info driver's licence, SIN @s etc.
JSB, are the links in the hijacked site yours or new? If new the hijacker could be charging monies for referrel.

There are too many crooks on the internet. It is so easy to scam someone and stay relatively hidden.

---

[Hijack]
A few years back I did a Listmania list on Amazon.com (too lazy to do individual reviews). One day while Googling I came across my entire list and comments on a website. The enterprising fella added links to Amazon, Reel.com and a few other sites. He slowly accumulated enough money from the links/referrals to buy the stuff for himself. As he get each item he wrote his own review, replacing mine. Took him almost a year to get everything he wanted. Then he deactivated the site.
Funny part Amazon was paying him to display info that is free on Amazon.
[/Hijack]

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
jon failed to mention some important details...

the domain has not expired yet (not until november 24th), and was paid up until that point. this is not a typical case of someone else renewing your website...

and while jon does have another, active and working website here, the problem is that many people are unaware of it, and expect to find him at hwww.jsburlys.com, and when he's not there, he looses business. business needed to keep him in business...

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very interesting.

This is who now has my domain name. Please not the email address.

Registrant:
Namesforall
75 Broad st
New York, NY 10005
US

Domain name: JSBURLYS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Masters, Host [email protected]
75 Broad st
New York, NY 10005
US
+1.6463835199 Fax: 000.000.0000

Now note this email address.

Raw Data
Registrant:
Digital Providers, LLC
PO BOX 111
rocky hill, nj 08553
US

Domain name: DIGITALPROVIDERS.NET

Administrative Contact:
Dover, Ben [email protected]
PO BOX 111
rocky hill, nj 08553
US
212-981-0615 Fax: 000.000.0000

Technical Contact:
Klenert, Steve [email protected]
15 Academy Cort
Pennington, NJ 08540
US
+1.6095103665 Fax: +1.6092520723

The email addresses are the same.

The domain did not move very far at all.
In fact it is right there with CPF as a neighbor probably.

My site is hosted by Rusko and formerly Digital Princeton. The same places as CPF.

digitalproviders.net is using my domain name jsburlys.com as a commercial site. They are a co-hosting company that has the box. So I guess the people that involved in servicing CPF stole my domain name.

Calling Rusko does not good. No responce to emails or calls ever.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=552409&page=2

Last edited:
Check the registrant record again. the phone numbers have since been substituted with generic "555-1212" numbers

Mad1

Enlightened
Was the domain locked?

On my domain host I can lock the domain so it can't be transfered to someone else.

The only way to transfer it to someone else is to unlock it first.

EDIT: did you register the domain yourself or did you registar it with the hosting company?

Last edited:

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably need to go directly to a lawyer (who specializes in this stuff) and get the usual letter written (theft of trademark, damages, etc.). You need to find the company who sold you the domain and administers your registration information (ICAN or whomever) and deal with them directly.

You probably will not have any luck dealing with the registration hijackers.

-Bill

havand

Enlightened
I honestly don't really know how this stuff works...But where would one have to go to even change that stuff? Go straight to them and explain what is going on...Maybe they can help?

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am reading between the lines and am going to stick my neck out here ,but the Domain probably was never owned legally by Jon. Like many people, they believe they own their Domain, when in reality it is some hosting company , that is legally recorded as ... Registrant, Tech contact and Admin contact.

The ownership was to the Registrant, who ever that might have been until the last few days of record change.

He might have thought he owned it, but I suspect not. If he was the registrant he would have had to sign off on any changes to the record. Now I in no way agree with what seems to have happened and hope it can be resolved. But the fact that the Domain does not expire till November is a clue.

havand

Enlightened
That has always bugged me...Why do i have to 'renew' a domain name? Who gets that money? Some company? How did THEY get that right?!

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could be an attempt to fool customers by pretending to be your site, and steal credit card numbers from people

Definitely take action fast on this.

Ask your lawyer about putting up a warning at your currently good page, and to find out what you can do to warn payment companies (credit card/PayPal) if it appears the site stealer is using it to steal people's information.

Also talk to the lawyer about trademark -- you should trademark your name, if you haven't already, and then you can take action against anyone pretending to be you who is confusing potential customers.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon, you might also want to contact the service that you used to register/host the domain name. They might be able to take care of things for you or at least point you in the right direction.

Mad1

Enlightened
The site that jsburlys.com is on now is called a landing site, a place where you can put your domain when it's not being used.

Latest posts