• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The HDSRB Project

JKolmo

Enlightened
Eagerly waiting for shipping info. And then overseas shipping will probably be covid slooow…

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI for those that received tracking that hasn't updated yet. In general I try to ship within a day or two of creating the label (I've been packing and dropping them off in batches).

USPS is up to its usual games of not scanning packages. If it's more than a couple days and tracking didn't update please let me know so I can stay on top of it. I had a few that were shipped last week and didn't scan until today showing out for delivery or that it's at the destination city already.

Everything should be shipped by early next week, I'll post here when I'm done so everyone is up to date.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
This head is awesome. Gives the SST CRI very good throw. Love it.
93E6439A-5F8A-4A97-B05F-559B5980F3D5.jpeg

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received a text notification it had shipped, got it the next day. Popped it out of the packaging and onto my High CRI, and it's awesome. Great job on this Ozythemandias!

klackey

Enlightened
So, installed this tonight (stupid easy) and must say VERY impressed....... seriously if you have more than one HDs you need this. The throw is increased but you keep all the HDS advantages. It is now a question of what light I will put it on long term....

Another realization....... the original HDS reflector is really a masterpiece. I do like this new addition, and it IS an improvement for a bit more throw.......... but the original is still a very good "Jack of all trades". The new and the original are impressive.

Well done....... thank you for giving us the choice..............

I might have to acquire another as a spare..............

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, installed this tonight (stupid easy) and must say VERY impressed....... seriously if you have more than one HDs you need this. The throw is increased but you keep all the HDS advantages. It is now a question of what light I will put it on long term....

Another realization....... the original HDS reflector is really a masterpiece. I do like this new addition, and it IS an improvement for a bit more throw.......... but the original is still a very good "Jack of all trades". The new and the original are impressive.

Well done....... thank you for giving us the choice..............

I might have to acquire another as a spare..............
Great to hear! That's basically what my thought process was when I came up with this concept. Most HDS enthusiasts own multiple HDS lights but from some perspectives they're all different iterations of the same light. I wanted to design something that can justify me owning a few more HDSes, and expand the use cases it can satisfy with added versatility. Wonderful hearing it achieved that!

And yes, every shipment has some bonus stickers so check your boxes 😆

As of now all domestic shipments are out the door (with the exception of one I reached out to). If you didn't recieve a shipping notification let me know to make sure I didn't miss you somehow.

International shipments will be shipped this week, hoping to get them all out tomorrow. Had a small delay there because I needed to order bigger boxes for these.

If we discussed any requests via DM or email or I made some commitments to you and we haven't talked about it within the past 2-3 weeks, I probably forgot. Feel free to hit me up to refresh my memory

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reflectors working out great, and really brings my HDS more up to par with the throw I get from some of my smaller "pocket rocket" lights. The beam profile is very interesting, very well designed, giving an excellent hotspot with a very good taper to the corona. Significantly more useful than other lights with tight hotspots and very dim spill when using this for near-field tasks.

Can't lie though, I want to see what it could do with a fet driven osram w2.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok glad everyone is enjoying theirs!

Busier week than I expected but about half the international packages have been shipped. Only a couple left so if you didn't get tracking you'll get it by Monday.

Elmie

Enlightened
Ok glad everyone is enjoying theirs!

Busier week than I expected but about half the international packages have been shipped. Only a couple left so if you didn't get tracking you'll get it by Monday.
I've reached out via email twice now and no response. Hoping that I will be receiving a shipment notification soon...

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've reached out via email twice now and no response. Hoping that I will be receiving a shipment notification soon...
Sending you a DM to resolve.

I got an email question about an international shipment but that's shipped today and you would've received an email so I don't think it was you.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my HDSRB today and to say I'm impressed is an understanding. This thing looks more like an HDS than some HDS parts lol.

Excellent work!

JKolmo

Enlightened
Same here. I guess it's en route but USPS has not managed to scan it properly - or something.