The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, ya know I have to ask....did mine ship today?? :grin2:
I have not finished clearcoating the bezels because of bad weather this week. I am going out right now to get them done. I will try to bake them to help them cure faster but I would expect them now to ship out Fri. or Sat. I will work very hard to make this happen.

I have improved the quality of the drop-ins and they now are quite jewel like. One other change that everyone should know about is that I am not soldering the emitter down any more. I am now using a very expensive thermal epoxy with a thermal conductivity of 60 W/m°K. This is incredible stuff and is actually better than most solders. Here is the data sheet if anyone is interested.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not finished clearcoating the bezels because of bad weather this week. I am going out right now to get them done. I will try to bake them to help them cure faster but I would expect them now to ship out Fri. or Sat. I will work very hard to make this happen.

I have improved the quality of the drop-ins and they now are quite jewel like. One other change that everyone should know about is that I am not soldering the emitter down any more. I am now using a very expensive thermal epoxy with a thermal conductivity of 60 W/m°K. This is incredible stuff and is actually better than most solders. Here is the data sheet if anyone is interested.
Thanks for the information and for all your hard work Mike!!!

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm in for an R2 with carbon fiber bezel if you're still taking names. Just tell me when and where to send Paypay. :)

Thanks,

Paul

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for an R2 with carbon fiber bezel if you're still taking names. Just tell me when and where to send Paypay. :)

Thanks,

Paul
Yes I am still taking names. Will put you on the list. I will ask for payment when I get relatively close to getting your light built. It will probably be a couple months.

cotter

Newly Enlightened
Any idea how long it would take to get the DEFT?
Im sold but I am just wanna get an idea of how long ill have to anticipate this monster!

Regards.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks as though you just MIGHT have a winner here Mike....did I say MIGHT??? Wait'll the reviews come in!

Karl

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks as though you just MIGHT have a winner here Mike....did I say MIGHT??? Wait'll the reviews come in!

Karl
Thanks. I've had no doubt of that. The question is can I build them fast enough. I was up to 5:00am last night and up at 8:30 working on your light. I am really trying to get it out today as I forgot I had planned to go camping with the family this weekend.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I always say, I want 'em (Lights) but it sure ain't a heart transplant that's being worked on--it'll hold!

Karl

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I've had no doubt of that. The question is can I build them fast enough. I was up to 5:00am last night and up at 8:30 working on your light. I am really trying to get it out today as I forgot I had planned to go camping with the family this weekend.
Jeez, that is some dedication. Sleep is required too!! As we all want our lights yesterday I am sure we will allow you time to sleep:D:D...

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, that is some dedication. Sleep is required too!! As we all want our lights yesterday I am sure we will allow you time to sleep:D:D...
And the lack of sleep is starting to show I sent a PM to Karl thinking it was you. I just cannot get it ready before I leave this evening so yours will have to ship Monday and his two most likely Tuesday. Even though I put three coats of clear on the bezels I want to do one more wet sanding on his and respray. Chopper not surprisingly yours is the best I've done yet. I'm happier with the tolerances on the carbon fiber bezel's fitment. This is also the first one to have the more polished pill which is purty.:)

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the lack of sleep is starting to show I sent a PM to Karl thinking it was you. I just cannot get it ready before I leave this evening so yours will have to ship Monday and his two most likely Tuesday. Even though I put three coats of clear on the bezels I want to do one more wet sanding on his and respray. Chopper not surprisingly yours is the best I've done yet. I'm happier with the tolerances on the carbon fiber bezel's fitment. This is also the first one to have the more polished pill which is purty.:)
Thank you for your efforts. Go enjoy your weekend with your family, it is well deserved. ;).
Also I would like to be put on the list for another DEFT, the same specs as the one you are making for me now. Thanks again for all your efforts. They are appreciated by us all. Go have an enjoyable weekend starting NOW!!!!!!!:twothumbs

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Saabluster, I have now interchanged and tested out all the components and lenses to have a fuller (& even greater) appreciation for the entire package and options. At this point, I'm waiting for the moon to wane, as it's just still too bright out for the beamshots I want to take. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.