The Malkoff Front Porch

StagMoose

Enlightened
New Wildcat 18650 CW came today. Really nice for walking around outside and has a bit more throw than expected/ experienced with a V6. As previously mentioned by TG, taking the lens/ diffuser off results in an almost Hound Dog 18650 XP-L type light with a bit less throw. I haven't had the chance to do as much testing as I will, but really like this so far. Looking forward to taking it camping and lighting up the site as necessary. I have some extra UCL lenses and a bezel, may just keep them in a nice plastic bag for quick swaps between flood and throw light. I will need to get some beamshots in both formats compared to the HD/ HD18650. Hope to have some time with father's day weekend and minimal demands being placed on me. Happy Father's Day weekend to all Malkoff Fathers!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just used my V7 wildcat to find pieces of broken glass on our floor. Not your classic Epic adventure But huge flood comes in real handy at times😁

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy late Fathers Day to my junkies

Side note , JR sent me a super sweet light! I had no choice but to post about it
ba2c0f5bb1c47c29105c8481368580c5.jpg

Mdc1xaa on a Kp 14500
Vme with a 219b m361 lmh

Absolute perfect edc. I love it and am blown away by Jr.

thanks again man truly

Wick

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I have a Hound Dog 18650 xt and it is great. What might be a good supplement for walking/hiking in forested mountains? In other words, seeing a wider arc of the area (and your footing), as well as a decent amount up ahead? Is that what the Wildcat is for?

jrgold

Enlightened
Happy late Fathers Day to my junkies

Side note , JR sent me a super sweet light! I had no choice but to post about it
ba2c0f5bb1c47c29105c8481368580c5.jpg

Mdc1xaa on a Kp 14500
Vme with a 219b m361 lmh

Absolute perfect edc. I love it and am blown away by Jr.

thanks again man truly

Wick

enjoy bro! was tempted to send you my melted super [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I have a Hound Dog 18650 xt and it is great. What might be a good supplement for walking/hiking in forested mountains? In other words, seeing a wider arc of the area (and your footing), as well as a decent amount up ahead? Is that what the Wildcat is for?

Yes, the wildcat is a super flood light, not a mule, but lights up everything around you. It would be the one you're looking for.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

That's what she was made for. BUT will only reach out 150 feet max. Not sure How far you want it to reach. Now get a M91 and you will much better throw but not as wide a beam.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
That's what she was made for. BUT will only reach out 150 feet max. Not sure How far you want it to reach. Now get a M91 and you will much better throw but not as wide a beam.

I know you have both the V6 and V7 CW. I can see 250 feet with the V6 but 200 feet solid. I have posted pics before, but will throw them back up here when I get over to my PC.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
The blue pump is exactly 200 feet away...The Hound Dog Super is for reference only.

Control:

EfR0zxK.jpg

Wildcat V6 Neutral 4000K:

vCLmPQE.jpg

Hound Dog Super 4000K:

BeDGEBQ.jpg

Hound Dog Super 4000K

8jvHZEA.jpg

I should note that those pictures of the WC V6 were taken after 45 minutes of continuous use, so it had dimmed a little I am sure.
I am planning on buying a CW version of the WC V7, Super Hound Dog and a MD2 M61. That way I have a set of each one in Neutral and in CW, all with TriCaps.

Last edited: