The Malkoff Front Porch

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I got it second hand, I guess it was originally bought on Illumn because afaik they are the only ones to offer Malkoff products with the 219b.

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
I'll promise to do a (short) report here with some pictures if you guys are interested in a 1st time Malkoff user.
I'm also going to receive my 1st and 2nd Zebralight and 1st Emisar together with the MDC HA 1AA.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
B1771-E5-C-F438-4-EAD-AC5-E-01-EBDB470607.jpg

So finally pulled the plug on a super hound dog. After using wildcats and regular hound dogs I honestly didn't think there would be that much different. Ya there is! This thing has huge throw with a ton of spill it easily lights up a couple hundred yards ahead and with plenty of spill.And low, well it's not really low. Because of the lux it's still extremely useful and I'd honestly put it on the level with a standard M61 as far as throw. It really is the kind of light I have been looking for. Throw and spill all in one. Would make a fantastic S@R light. Very happy with it.

This shot is 190 yards to the trees and did pretty good despite the fact that is was raining at the time.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It really is a do everything kinda light.I don't have much time with mine yet but plan on using it a lot.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
I've posted these before, Hound Dog Super Neutral and the Wildcat V6 Neutral. It is 200 feet exactly to the blue well pump.

RA7EfFR.jpg
[/IMG]

KdHqetP.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I've got a question...is there a Malkoff drop-in that one could put into a VME head and use with a single AA MDC body?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a question...is there a Malkoff drop-in that one could put into a VME head and use with a single AA MDC body?

Either the current M31 drop-in or discontinued M30 series will work from a single AA cell in an MDC body.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the runtime on a M61N in a MD2 body running a 3500mAh keep keeppower cell on low with the hi/lo ring installed. I have the aluminum high only ring I am thinking about changing it for a hi/low.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Does anyone know the runtime on a M61N in a MD2 body running a 3500mAh keep keeppower cell on low with the hi/lo ring installed. I have the aluminum high only ring I am thinking about changing it for a hi/low.

The current draw on low with a 3500 is 18ma. So 180 hours or so.Plenty of time to find an extra battery 😁