The Malkoff Front Porch

thermal guy

Flashaholic
im thinking yes. But I'm using 2XAA in one of my MD3 no spacers or anything And it works fine with no problems.

md17

Enlightened
im thinking yes. But I'm using 2XAA in one of my MD3 no spacers or anything And it works fine with no problems.
Oh really, what do you use to reduce rattle ? I bought a sleeve from overready for the Surefire and it's a nice fit, but I a tally made a spacer from a piece of plastic milk jug with success as well.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently acquired a M31W drop in. Wanted something simple that can run on a single AA or CR123 primary and this is perfect. Nice warm clean beam along with Malkoffs bombproof reliability
IMG_9910.jpeg
IMG_9908.jpeg

Thanks @thermal guy and @LEDphile for the great information on this drop in.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
His user-name on CPF is Gene43.
No huge mystery. We do have another member called Gene.
But that's not him. (You know what I mean.)

QMT93

Enlightened
Has anyone tried running an E2HT with 1xCR123, 1xAA, or 1xAAA? Does it work? How bright was it?

QMT93

Enlightened
That makes sense. What head do you think could run 1xCR123, 1xAA, 1xAAA, and 1 rechargeable? I'll take the reduced output, as long as I can use any of those battery types.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't. It's been my only main complaint with Malkoff. Pick a battery type you want to run the most with and go with it

The new 3.7-9v heads I think are the most versatile. You pair one of those heads with the 2xAA body and now you can run 2xAA with reduced output, or two 14500 3.7v. The head can also run on any 3.7v li-ion or a CR123 at reduced output. If your handy you can make or try to find a AAA-AA converter and run two AAAs or two 10440s. 3.7-9v heads can also run on two 18650s if you wanted for insanely long runtimes

One head, with multiple battery tubes is the only way to go to be able to use any battery you want.

Or just get 2 individual lights. One for lower outputs like a AA and one for 3.7v li-ion (which I think is the best bet considering now you have a backup light or backup parts)

These drop ins are great for running a single AA or CR123

But the M31 drop ins will require two tubes to run on either battery, which is the AA or CR123 body

Here at illumn there are Malkoff with Nichia LEDs that you may find very useful

Just make sure you carefully read the specs because there are a lot of options. M31 (AA/CR123 compatible) and M61 (3.7v 2xAA compatible)

Last edited: