The Malkoff Front Porch

whao

Newly Enlightened
I have a current version of Wildcat XP-L. The thin black ring is on top of the lens and below bezel.

EDIT: I was wrong. Please see post 5884 below from Gene.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
It's new Malkoff day for me and I've already messed up! Can one of you advise on the proper assembly order to the wildcat 18650 head / lens / thin black plastic ring? I was carefully unscrewing the top of the head to remove the diffuser and tipped the assembly just enough that the lens, diffuser, and black ring slipped off before I could catch the order.

Where does the black ring go? My guess is under the lens. Inside the top of the head is an oring that looks like it would press on the top of the lens so the black ring appears to sit under the lens to prevent it from touching metal directly? Here's a quick sketch to show the piece I'm asking about. Thanks.

View attachment 40092
It's new Malkoff day for me and I've already messed up! Can one of you advise on the proper assembly order to the wildcat 18650 head / lens / thin black plastic ring? I was carefully unscrewing the top of the head to remove the diffuser and tipped the assembly just enough that the lens, diffuser, and black ring slipped off before I could catch the order.

Where does the black ring go? My guess is under the lens. Inside the top of the head is an oring that looks like it would press on the top of the lens so the black ring appears to sit under the lens to prevent it from touching metal directly? Here's a quick sketch to show the piece I'm asking about. Thanks.

View attachment 40092
The black ring goes between the lens and screw on bezel.flip your order around.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
The black ring goes under the lens. The diffuser goes under the black ring with the textured side facing the optic. The purpose is to have a slight gap between the diffuser and lens.

Thanks, Gene
That makes sense. I appreciate the post. Thank you.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone. I can't seem to figure out how to contact the admin. It seems that when I updated my account My name changed from Gene43 to Gene4. Is this normal? Maybe I should just report this post? Ignorance is bliss.
Contact platform has not been functioning for awhile now.. Yes, I'd try reporting your own post with a message to Mr Ed. Unless you can find one of his threads/posts, then you can "start conversation" directly with him..
Edit: search Moderator Administrator and you'll find Mr Ed replied post, click on his handle then start conversation.. 🤙

Melson

Newly Enlightened
Gene,

any plans to grace us with some new heads or new products in 2023?

I heard a rumor you had something in the works with Arisaka for a new 18650 head, figured I'd come on here and ask the man himself!

Gene43

Enlightened
I haven't heard anything about a new 18650 head, but we will be coming out with an 18650 Hand held Body that is threaded for for our E2XTL Heads (also known as the thread pattern for the Surefire Duel Fuel.

We are also coming out with a new "Head Torch". This will feature a ratchetting head band usually seen only on surgical type lights (and made in the USA). This head band is being custom configured for us. The "Head Torch" name is in homage to a British friend who runs an African Safari business. He was instrumental in the birth of this product.

It may be soon, or months and months before these items are ready for consumption.