So, new M61SHO v2.0, Roughly speaking does not have the lumens of M91T
does not have Lux of M61T
Beam profile of M61, just more lumens but not substantially so

And 2 Amp drain.

Last edited:

noobstarr

Newly Enlightened
Edit: Got it

Does anyone have a Malkoff md4 the older style body/ tailcap they would part with? Or know where I could acquire one? Much appreciated.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's starting to get dark here by the time I walk the dog at night, so I grabbed my M91T last night. Forgot what a laser that "pin" can be.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MDC 519a 5700k DD. 3.7-9v 3 mode

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9461.jpeg

IMG_9466.jpeg

519a 5700k domed left, dedomed right

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MDC 519a 5700k DD. 3.7-9v 3 mode

View attachment 48828
View attachment 48829
View attachment 48830
519a 5700k domed left, dedomed right

First, thanx for the nice output photo!

I do have a couple of questions:
  • Is the light / module on the left a stock, off the shelf orderable light or module, or is it an aftermarket emitter swap?
  • I see some distinct 'artifacts' in the edges of the output on the right ("DD"?). If I were one who spends most of their time illuminating their living room wall (which I generally am not - I prefer to go out in the real world for most of my evaluating), would this be evidenced by a 'ringy' nature in the projected beam distribution pattern, or is it unnoticeable in the full pattern at greater distance (like across the living room)?
  • Lastly, more of a statement: If I ordered and received a '5700K' light / module (which I just did last week), and received the one on the right, I'd be very disappointed, as it's clearly not even close to that value. If this is a result of modification, was that done because the desired spec was not available?
Thanks again! In any case, the photo is interesting / informative.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Left is a stock un-modified module (HDS NA52)

Artifacts are visible because of the notches from the bezel ring and the way I've takin the photo. They are not visible in any other beamshots from regular normal use

The one on the right is dedomed and is supposed to be that way. Comes in around 4200k. This was a custom order directly from Malkoff.

IMG_9465.jpeg

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have been throwing around the idea of getting a malkoff MDC HA 1AA light to rotate in my edc. I like the idea of having something that runs on cheap alkies.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I've pretty much given up the flashlight game as nothing interests me anymore. I'm going to give away a secret. Malkoffs are terrible and you should all send them to me to save yourselves the inevitable heartbreak you will go through when they ummmm…. Break on you. Yes, they will eventually break for no reason so send them to me. That is all. I'm going back in my hole.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Since I've pretty much given up the flashlight game as nothing interests me anymore. I'm going to give away a secret. Malkoffs are terrible and you should all send them to me to save yourselves the inevitable heartbreak you will go through when they ummmm…. Break on you. Yes, they will eventually break for no reason so send them to me. That is all. I'm going back in my hole.
Did not know this. Well there's no way I would give you a "junk" light. Couldn't do that to you 😁

Latest posts