The Malkoff Front Porch

md17

Newly Enlightened
I'd guess the M61WLL would be your best bet. Great color temp especially if you like warm white
Any chance you have one of those and can compare it to something like the new 519a or m91bn? I have a newer m61w and I'm not the biggest fan of it the tint, so if it looks the same, I'd opt for a neutral vs warm m61LL

I also have an md2 body that needs a lamp assembly. I remember Thermal Guy praising the wildcat with the filter removed, but was it the 18650 version or not ??!

JP031716

Newly Enlightened
I have a M61WL but not a LL. I'd imagine the tint will be the same since it's the same LED but I sent a pic anyway.
IMG_0112.jpeg

Thermal guy may have been referencing the Wildcat since that has a diffuser?

Chris_Himself

Newly Enlightened
Sweet red MD2.

I had a couple of the Camo ones, but let them all go years ago.
that was my first P60 host because we were all brainwashed into thinking bored 6P's were THE way to go and I couldn't afford a real one... I remember thinking Malkoffs were overpriced P60 dropins when I could have Nailbender/Vinh do their thing LMAO and here we are full circle when I just value using a single mode light that just turns on.. I'm about to list every one of my custom lights for sale..

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened
Malkoff Bodyguard V1 3-6v 519a 4500k domed. It's fantastic. Beam, tint, and output are perfection. Will update beamshots tonight outdoors. Will also run on a single 1.5v AA around 50-60 lumens without a stepdown View attachment 60737
View attachment 60738
View attachment 60739
I should have one of these in hand tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. It really is a pitch-perfect pocket buddy for when out and about. The reflector instead of TIR is what sold me on it. Most of my use would be inside or even when outside closer than what TIR is best at.

I had no idea about it running on an AA like that. Just sweetens the pot. I am carrying the 14500 brother to this one real often, so have a body for that setup handy already. Thanks for the heads up

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have one of these in hand tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. It really is a pitch-perfect pocket buddy for when out and about. The reflector instead of TIR is what sold me on it. Most of my use would be inside or even when outside closer than what TIR is best at.

I had no idea about it running on an AA like that. Just sweetens the pot. I am carrying the 14500 brother to this one real often, so have a body for that setup handy already. Thanks for the heads up
It's fantastic. It's just great to know it'll run on a AA in an emergency or just if you wanted to use around the house at a lower output indoors. It's awesome

iacchus

Enlightened
Here is a couple shots of mine with the crenelated SS bezel and a second picture to show the step-down. Thanks @ilikeguns40 for talking me into picking this up (not that I need that much of a push).
View attachment 60740
View attachment 60741
Sweet bezel.
I've been camping a Malk order for a few days, trying to decide which way I'm gonna go. Need to add a couple stainless bezels on there regardless of what I wind up with.

iacchus

Enlightened
Done selling my Malkoffs!
I sold a couple or redundant ones, an MD4 Wildcat V5 and an MD4 HD. But they never got used.
I had two of those HDs and an MD3 V6 Wildcat (which is the one I always reached for anyway).

The rest stay. My brother-in-law might end up w/ my remaining MD4 HD if I ever end up picking up a Super or the far handier 18650HD/MD21700 combo.

At this point, any time I find myself about to buy a light, I always ask myself if there is something from Gene I'd rather have before I pull the trigger. More often than not, I end up getting a package from Alabama.
Still kicking myself over skipping the M61NH/519a combo. Yeah, I didn't really need it, but I'd surely have found a use for it.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I wouldn't have minded having that combo. I'm sure there will be more in the future. 519a is still relatively new with Malkoff. Keeping my fingers crossed that Gene will start using them in the future

jacobd

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Bodyguard V1 3-6v 519a 4500k domed. It's fantastic. Beam, tint, and output are perfection. Will update beamshots tonight outdoors. Will also run on a single 1.5v AA around 50-60 lumens without a stepdown
This just made me buy one! Shout out to Stephen Ko for getting these Malkoff special editions sorted so efficiently all the time.