The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I didnt realize that the N was that color. Not til you put them side by side that you can see the differences. I'd be interested in a 219B V1, and a 219B V2 comparison.
Thanks for the photos.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
What rose?

I think that rosy tint is playing tricks on you.

I always thought rosy tint was a myth and there it is. What's next? Bigfoot? I wonder if there is any way to work the fact every rose has it's thorns into a descriptive name for this tint? Somehow it doesn't have the nuclear glow of squid **** green nor as angry as alien abduction angry blue yet oddly funky in its own special way.

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice 219B! The "rosy" thing is funny...I think people are just used to blue cool white crap for so long, anything different throws them off...even if different means high CRI and true color.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a 219 V2 from Illum. I was going to put it in a 6P for a torchless friend for Xmas. I put it in with a couple of primaries and thought "Whoops, what have I bought?" Pink, lifeless and dull. Stuck it in an MD2 with a rechargeable, and what a difference - the primaries were nearly flat. My friend has got his 6P, but with a straight M61. This one's too good to give away.
Plus, it would be like giving a pint of my beer to someone who's used to drinking paint stripper. The tint is softer than I'm used to, but it won't take long to win me over completely.
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're so right, that's a serious light.
I'll have to buy another MD4.
It's living in my wife's handbag in an MD1 at the moment, we'll see how long it stays there.
P

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Nice 219B! The "rosy" thing is funny...I think people are just used to blue cool white crap for so long, anything different throws them off...even if different means high CRI and true color.

Thorny rosy tint maybe the most emblematically first world problem ever. Hay! That's it! Thorny rosy tint!

1. Alien abduction angry blue.
2. Squid **** green.
3. Crazy purple.
4. Thorny rosy tint.

rjking

Enlightened
:popcorn:

Malkoff MD3 with Hi/Low ring
Malkoff M61LL
Oveready 2AA Sleeves
2x AW IMR 18500

The "waiting" is killing me! :candle:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^The MD2 is a sweet light with an old school charm.
If you can dig an extra $20 from the sofa/car what have you, the hi/lo ring is the bees knees.

Be warned: it's round. Very round. Knurling is less than agressive as well.
Yet when you carry it, turn the beam on high and light up a nearby field etc, none of that matters.
And you'll be glad it's so round and smooth as it effortlessly slides in or out of your pants pockets.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a head's up - look for M31 219B. Those are the latest iteration of "very neutral" Malkoff drop-ins.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I just ordered a plain old ordinary M31 for a Rayovac.

None of this 'too red, too blue, too green, is it neutral enough, is it too warm' craziness...

Just 280 pure white bad guy pupil busting out the front Malkoff brightness baby.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, questions please: does the MDC HA 16650 (2CR123 Sized) Body Only does it fit 17670 batteries ? also what is the total length ? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.