The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag liter

Newly Enlightened
Found my malkoff luxeon 2-3-4 d cell drop in has paten pending on it really nice drop in but my m61 kills it in output

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's buried somewhere in there in the preceding 129 pages but pray tell, what is the runtime of Malkoff 361 on low?

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might just be my luck but I have tried three different 219s over the past 4-5 years and have never been fond of any of them. I turn right around and sell them for less than I paid.

My favorites are the Neutrals also.
I do have a lovely M61WL that is like a 6P original. Love it bunches.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's buried somewhere in there in the preceding 129 pages but pray tell, what is the runtime of Malkoff 361 on low?
Runtimes are really dependant on batteries. 2 CR123A's or an 18650 cell. If an 18650 cell, 2600 mAh, 3500 mAh, ?????
Really depends on which cell is being used with the M361.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I get a single data point, I can easily extrapolate its runtime on other chemistries / configurations.

I did not specify a specific configuration to give maximum flexibility.

Mag liter

Newly Enlightened
Anyone try a bianchi 7926 compact light holster im thinking about one so i can carry my hound dog more

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward to Gene's sometime-forthcoming new version of an MD60 for my KT-1 turbo-head. I am hoping that there will be a neutral or warm version available.

Kamerat

Enlightened
Waiting for a Malkoff Devices M61 219B V2 + M61LLL to arrive. Anybody know lumens output and/or lux?

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure if anyone has done an actual test.

For 2x123A primaries, you could estimate the runtime at about 24 hours in practice (30 hours theoretical max.).

Does anyone here run a Malkoff M91BW? I've got a several M61's but never thought to look at the M91's before. Then I got to thinking that my Elzetta Charlie might be a great candidate for the M91BW! How's the tint? Pretty much like the M61's in W? On paper the output seems impressive. I've got an AVS head but I normally use it on a Bravo body and an M60 made by Elzetta in the Charlie. While I love the acrylic optical lens I can't say as I care much for the tint- a tad too cool for my tastes.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an M91BW, but I bought an M91AW when they were first released. It's got a CCT of 3700K, so isn't quite as warm as the current Ws.

The floody beam pattern of the XM-L is outstanding, and I use it often. My Malkoff'd Charlie (which is at Oveready now for enhancement) typically houses an M61N SHO, but the M91 will work very well in its place.

How's the battery life, Grizz? From the Malkoff site it sounds like it sucks down three CR123As pretty fast. Not that runtime is the be-all, end-all since I've got other lights set up for stamina.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It only pulls a hair over 1.5 amps from two Li-Ions, so it's hardly a monster. I've never drained the cells before, so it definitely lasts long enough for me. I use it mostly with two 18650s in an MD4.

My Charlie is a three cell and I have not yet taken the rechargeables-plunge, so I would be running it off of lithium primaries. But again, run time isn't my biggest concern...I'm wanting to set this one up for high output. Obviously I could pick up another AVS head and get a smidge more output but that's about $125 shipped vs the $88 or so for the Malkoff. More than anything it's an excuse to try another Malkoff dropin that I haven't tried before!:Dlovecpf

ahmetbozkurt

Newly Enlightened
Trying to decide if I should get a M61LL or a M61LL 219? I am using at the moment a single AW IMR18650. Difference in cost is about $15.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob Babcock
Put your AVS head on your Charlie along with the 3 x CR123A's and be done with it. Stick with what was a completely engineered light system.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light beam patterns of M91BW and AVS are completely different. Since you've already got the AVS head that you can put a n the Charlie if a concentrated beam is needed , it makes sense to me to go the M91BW route for use when you need a wall of light. Unfortunately you won't be able to simply swap the heads between the hosts and have two fully functional lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.