The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always, always be cognizant of your input voltage. I have 3 M31 variants. Some of my favorites for sure.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it comes to perceiving output, it takes 4 times the output for you to think that what you are seeing is twice as bright. With perception and the way your eyes and brain interprets light, there really is not much difference between a M31L and full output M31. 140 ish lumens vs 230. Not much difference. If burning primaries, I would definitely go for the L modules.

I saw 4 yesterday morning...guess you made it 3.

I just acquired an M31L for a 2aa Rayovac light to coincide with the M31 and must say the L is pretty impressive compared to the regular one.

I actually double checked the module to ensure he'd inscribed an L onto it as the difference in output is that close.

Next will be an M31W.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this whole forum is a fraud! Once you get to 200-300 lumens, the rest of the upgrades are a wash. No visible, appreciable updates exist. Just bragging rights on paper.
Get an MD2, a Hound Dog and a Wildcat and you are COMPLETE.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this whole forum is a fraud! Once you get to 200-300 lumens, the rest of the upgrades are a wash. No visible, appreciable updates exist. Just bragging rights on paper.
Get an MD2, a Hound Dog and a Wildcat and you are COMPLETE.

I was going to say that once, but was scared I'd get growled at.
Apart from the Wildcat, I have a few of each of the others. I've modded or given away my other lights, there is no point.
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wouldn't go so far as to call the forum a fraud...
But will agree that with a set of Malkoff lights your bases are definitely covered, no doubt...cept for micro lights...I do love the 1aaa lights, but got by just fine without 'em.

What fun is life without watching perfect strangers busting each others chops on the internet over 4.36° of Kelvins being the absolute perfect tint, or unless you have 675,000 candela at 100 paces?
Then outta nowhere a 'retired' 'super-moderator' closes the thread. That's entertainment.

This forum is definitely kept in check and threads on topic. When doing research that's a rare treat.

My name is byfixer and Ima Malkoffaholic.

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have an MDC XP-L 16650? I am wondering how they compare to an MD2. It seems that they're about the same size and this MDC is basically a dedicated, 3-mode, pocket-clippable, 500-lumen light. Is that about right?

kj2

Flashaholic
Received a M61WLL for my 6P, today. Noticed some faint glow after I turned it off, this evening. Does disappear after a few seconds. Is this common?

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally figured out my perfect work light! I switched the tailcaps from my surefire 6p with extender with my MD2, now i have tailstanding long running (M61L) backup light that can run cr123's or in a pinch AA's- and as my primary light, an MD2 with M61N but with a protruding tailcap and a bit shorter then a complete MD2.

I find that its more comfortable for me to use, has a high and a low (perfect for pupils) and I have a Mcclicky in it so I still have momentary. I'm enjoying this lego for flashaholics...

djdawg

Enlightened
I just bought a MD4 body and Wildcat neutral head , I plan on running two 18650,s ...........any thoughts here for me please ??
Is the Wildcat brighter than the Hound dog ?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The product specs lead me to say that the neutral Wildcat is brighter than all versions of the Hound Dog.....but it delivers significantly less lux on target. they're two completely different animals intended for completely different uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.