The Official Malkoff Junkie thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Ok, I'm finally joining the Malkoff Club. Just ordered my first one, an MDC HA CR123 in 4000k. I hope to get it by Friday. If I like it, I may get some kind of warm drop-in for my bone-stock SureFire 6P; just not sure which one though. And add the MDC Neutral 16650 to my collection later this summer...

bigfoot

Enlightened
Congrats! It's hard to stop at just one... :)

For a 6P drop-in, the M61NL is pretty popular, and gives you a neutral output and over 5 hours of regulated runtime.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Thanks bigfoot. I just looked at it, nice. I understand that w/ some aftermarket drop-ins, the bezel on a SF doesn't screw down all the way. Would you know if this would be the case if I got one?

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff M6X dropins have fit all of my stock Surefire 6Ps with no fitment issues at all.

Personally, I am heads over heels about my M61WLLs - they look like an incan to me with about the same brightness, and a set of CR123As lasts over 10 hours.

I intend to also get at least one of the following: M61NLL, M61WL, M61NL. Then perhaps an M61LL.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thanks bigfoot. I just looked at it, nice. I understand that w/ some aftermarket drop-ins, the bezel on a SF doesn't screw down all the way. Would you know if this would be the case if I got one?
There is often a gap with a Malkoff and Surefire host. It is very small and not an issue. In fact
needed for proper electrical contact.

Blues

Enlightened
Well, I may not have been posting recently but that doesn't mean I don't visit, read and have Malkoff on the mind.

With that said, I gave into the force last night and decided that I couldn't bear to watch that Neutral Hound Dog XM-L head sitting without a body next to the preening (neutral) Wildcat (V6) lying alongside it purring self satisfyingly. So, an MD4 Body & Switch was just the thing needed to remedy the unbalance in the universe.

But wait, I need to spend just a wee bit more to get free shipping, don't I? And I have all these AA Eneloops lying about just waiting for a task. And, I don't have the single AA MDC do I? (I do have the 2AA MDC.) And available in neutral now, no less! Well, there ya go. Into the basket with you as well.

And that is how even the quiet little Malkoff mice among us keep the hamster wheel turning. I'm a weak (but happy) man. :p

irongate

Enlightened
Blues -Good Deal just sometimes hard to resist.

Coming today my first MD2. Have some m 61 drops in's but decided it was time to invests in one of their lights.:twothumbs

Blues

Enlightened
We may be mice, but we carry Hound Dogs.
P

Aye, lad! That we do.

Blues -Good Deal just sometimes hard to resist.

Coming today my first MD2. Have some m 61 drops in's but decided it was time to invests in one of their lights.:twothumbs

Congrats! I haven't gone down that road as yet, but who knows what the future holds?

This is my smallish Malkoff collection at the present moment...sans the inbound MD4 body and the 1AA MDC (neutral). Clearly you can see right away that something is amiss! ;)

malkoff.jpg

Surefire 6z, Surefire E2e, MDC 16650 (neutral), MDC 2AA, Wildcat V6 (neutral) & bodyless Hound Dog XM-L (neutral)

Last edited:

Blues

Enlightened
- Blue: nice collection my friend.
What is your opinion about the mdc 2AA flashlight?

I love it. It's my most used Malkoff. I use it every evening when I go downstairs to the workshop and garage to check that everything is off that needs to be off and check status of dehumidifier, chargers etc I find the three settings very useful...3-25-250...and since I have lots of AA Eneloops, it's a no-brainer. Great light...if you don't mind the bit of extra length for EDC or if you want to leave it in a fixed location (as I do). For EDC I'd carry my MDC 16650 as a first choice due to the smaller size and 20-100-500 lumen options.

I love it. It's my most used Malkoff. I use it every evening when I go downstairs to the workshop and garage to check that everything is off that needs to be off and check status of dehumidifier, chargers etc I find the three settings very useful...3-25-250...and since I have lots of AA Eneloops, it's a no-brainer. Great light...if you don't mind the bit of extra length for EDC or if you want to leave it in a fixed location (as I do). For EDC I'd carry my MDC 16650 as a first choice due to the smaller size and 20-100-500 lumen options.

Thank you @blues

I made an order yesterday with Cathy.

I added an MDC 2AA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.