The Outdoorsman E1L

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
yeah call MattK E1L has had a few different incarnations
LuxIII
single speed Cree
dual speed Cree
and I'm sure the emitter has improved since i bought mine about 2 years ago

Great Light, I work overnights its always with me in the pocket when the power fails you would not believe how freaking bright 3 lm is and 40 hrs runtime, hell it'll be awhile before I purchase something else

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I have the E1L, E2L and the E1B.

I use the E2 for general purpose uses such as around the house at night, working on the car and so forth.

The E1 will run for 4 hours or so on high before it starts to dim out. On low it runs for a very long time.

E1B is also a good light and it's the one I take if I'm putting it in nice clothes because the knurling on the others tends to be a bit abrasive on things besides jeans or other similar materials.

I think the E1L is a very underrated light that few talk about however those who have one (or 4 like me) know it's an excellent light that will meet about 95% of your common needs. It's what I take as a backup to my Minimus when night hiking. It's very good for walking the dog and going to the beech at night.

It's the sleeper in the line, IMO. Now if they'd just make one in HA black or offer a K series head in HA black I'd **** my pants then die from excitement.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Ya, I have heard LOTS of people talk about it being underrated which is a good thing in a whay. The E2DL is my EDC or out in town after dark light so the E1L will end up bing the light that gets the house jobs and camping use.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Dude, you get an E1L and i'll bet you you'll have to change that last post

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Haha...ya, I guess I can't so no for sure but that is the reason I got the E2DL :) It is an outstanding light to say the least but for a long run time use light for camping and such I would prefer less power and more time not to mention 200L would be more than needed in most of the camping needs, that is not to say it can't be used for this but you will go through more batteries.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just spoke to the dealer earlier. He told me he gave me the wrong specs. Was 45 lumens for 8 hrs and not 3 lumens. My apologies.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone post a picture/comparison between E1L and L1, side by side?

What kind of tailcap E1L has? Just clickie (like E1B) or press/twist (like L1)?

Thanks in advance!

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Can someone post a picture/comparison between E1L and L1, side by side?

What kind of tailcap E1L has? Just clickie (like E1B) or press/twist (like L1)?

Thanks in advance!

The E1L is a simple clicky with momentary. The tailcap button protrudes from the light.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Ya you are right about the E1B. I just went by a local store and they had a E2L for $125 but it was rated at 30L :( I will order one from SF. I like the ballence of the E2L and the power/runtime but I am still leaning to the single cell for headlight use and the fact that it takes only 1 batter. Yall have been a great help!

Gatsby

Enlightened
My wife has our good camera on a spring break trip but this should give you an idea. The E1L is a good bit smaller than the L1 in length and diameter.

L1E1L.jpg

losabio

Newly Enlightened
If you really want the E2L go for it, you can still clip it to a baseball cap for an improvised headlamp -- that's my nighttime BBQ rig. ;) The weight difference between a 1 cell and 2 cell is pretty negligible to me since the Li primaries are pretty light to begin with, and if you are comfortable with the increased length of the flashlight, then go for the E2L if the longer run time and increased brightness are appealing to you.

Either way, do pick up an F04 diffuser.

Gatsby

Enlightened
Another size comparison - L-R: Milky KX2 Creemator on a Vitagl Gear FB1 body (the FB1 really is small); E1L; KL1/Aleph 1x123/Aleph trim tailcap; L1; E2L.

SFs.jpg

Gatsby

Enlightened
The fabric pattern on the couch is hideous. Other than that, nice lights.

:naughty: LOL! That is the hand me down couch that resides in the bonus room "play room" for my kids. Perfect for its intended purpose (and surprisingly comfortable) but yes, dreadful.

This room is serving as my home office since currently since the kids are out of town and I can actually work from home a few days this week. Normally I'd work in the kitchen or in the sunroom but since my iron age workplace won't allow wireless connectivity to my home router I'm tethered to it with an ethernet cable...

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the photos guys, so the E2L works as a headlamp ey...Oh choices :)