The Outdoorsman E1L

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
I may be wrong about this and someone can correct me if i am.

The current E1L and E2L have the two stage head KX1 and KX2 with the serial # beginning with the letter "B".
The slightly older KX1 and KX2 with the serial # beginning with "A" are the single level heads.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Yes that is what I have been told, so as long as you find a light with the KX1 that says duel output you are good.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys, Thanks for everyone help, An order was just placed to LApolicegear.com for the E1L Gen2. Saddly they are on backorder but they said SF told them they should have them in a week or two. It says duel output so I am counting on it being the 45/3. Now to wait!

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Thanks :) It will be a while but it was a good deal with there 10% off sale that I think goes through today if anyone is interested. LApolicegear is a great site and I have ordered several times from them so I don't mind the wait.

Gatsby

Enlightened
My current EDC is my E1e I legoed using the head and tail from my E2L. The AW 16340 550 mAh IMR will run for over 1.5 hrs on high.....I love the size.

I just recently acquired some Surefires and find their quality and function superb!

This is one reason having both an E2L and E1L is a nice option - I run my KX2 head on the E1L body with an AW RCR123 with some regularity.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Thanks :) It will be a while but it was a good deal with there 10% off sale that I think goes through today if anyone is interested. LApolicegear is a great site and I have ordered several times from them so I don't mind the wait.

I regularly order from LApolicegear and that 10% off coupon can be deceiving. Please check the fine print because that 10% usually can't be tacked on to other discounts so 10% off may not be all the much when you don't get the free batteries and free shipping.

I haven't crunched the numbers on your order but you might want to check it out.

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys/galls, just an update...I did recieve the light, long before I thought I would (thanks LApolicegear) and it is a sweet little light. Size is great! Output of just fine for what I had in mind and runtime should be just right as well. I am having to get used to the low/high setup as I am used the the E2D L with High/Low. You can deffinently see that the E2DL has some power, even with used batteries it blows the E1L away..>BUT<... that is just fine because it is supposed to. The E1L makes the perfect ECD light and does exactly what I wanted it to!! Thanks for yalls help!! I really enjoy owning this little gem of a light!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...

All "2 modes" E1L are the latest version, with Cree led ?

I mean... If I get any of the "2 modes E1L" (45 and 3 lumens), it would be the latest version released by Surefire, right ? With a Cree led inside ?

I´m afraid to buy one of the previous generation...

carrot

Flashaholic
Yes.

Anything that says KX1 on it contains a Cree LED.

The ones marked 2 mode are the latest offering, and the ones with only one mode are single-stage (which are highly sought after by some).

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The ones marked 2 mode are the latest offering, and the ones with only one mode are single-stage (which are highly sought after by some).
That's good to know! I just bought a 2 level which I'd been searching for and am getting ready to sell the single stage which I mistakenly bought last year!

SuReFiReRs

Newly Enlightened
Got mine from LApolicegear with 10% off, free shipping and 8 free battries. Total was $116 :twothumbs
It is indeed the 3/45!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering getting one of these again. I had one last year and I really liked it. I sold it to get funds for a Ra Clicky 140 but I miss that TIR that Surefire lights have...

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right... this thread got me!

Today I bought a new Surefire E1L... I hope you guys are right about this little beauty! lovecpf

Now the wait... :(