there are some Jokes

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Even more hilarious, they wasted tax-payer money to raise the bridge higher; and idiots still kept crashing into it! Can't fix Stupid.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
The 11'8" bridge was raised to 12'4". The level crossing a block away was 8" higher and the railroad tracks sloped up 8" from the low bridge to the higher crossing. So now the YouTube channel calls it the 11'8"+8" bridge. Major damage collisions have become less common.

The road surface could be altered to add some more clearance by stripping all the pavement out from under the bridge and for a distance to either side, then repaving it with almost zero crown.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The road surface could be altered to add some more clearance by stripping all the pavement out from under the bridge and for a distance to either side, then repaving it with almost zero crown.
The idiots will STILL crash into it! 😆

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My family member that used to truck said that a rig is 13.5 ft tall, so you really probably should have 14 feet of clearance. So even raising the bridge 8 inches is vastly insufficient for tractor trailer rigs. Ii might help with maybe some box trucks, I don't know.

As for going down, there is a sewer line under it that would have to be removed or lowered, and going into that would require major disruption and a LOT OF MONEY so it hasn't been seen as a feasible fix, according to what I got from the videos.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
around here, a gallon of milk costs $2.19

on another note, if a gallon of gas lasted me as long as a bottle of whiteout, I'd pay the difference!

White-Out's sort of a "Twinkie" type product. Some of a bottle's contents will probably still be usable in 1000yrs. Of course, who knows whether we'll even have paper then. Ah! the miracle of modern technology.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Why didn't they raise it high enough?
Or dig down a little bit?
The bridge was a low spot in the line. A block away (to the left from the webcam views) is a level crossing that was 8 inches higher than the bridge. For years the railroad claimed it was too costly and they'd have to re-grade a large amount of track to raise the bridge. From the videos of the raising it looks like they only had to level up a couple of blocks of track.

One video said the reason they raised it was trains had to slow down for the dip across that bridge so by raising it to the level of the track to either side the trains wouldn't need to slow.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday my daughter was talking with our next door neighbor.
She asked my daughter if she had seen any deer in our back yard, because my neighbor pointed out two piles of deer poop in her back yard.

Well... no, my daughter replied, but at 2:00 AM, my daughter's dog went out to pee, and saw the deer, and barked, barked, barked at them.

My neighbor said... "Oh my, he barked and scared the sh1t out of them!"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_9901.jpeg

IMG_9902.jpeg

IMG_9908.jpeg

IMG_9910.jpeg

Poppy

Flashaholic
My daughter sometimes makes chocolate dipped/encased Orios.
I'm at the point in my life that I have to start watching sweets, and not consuming too many, but boy oh boy, are they good.

Latest posts