Thinking dropping interest in flashlights may be a positive move.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the hardest time not checking new posts for one day, I couldn't imagine leaving! Do they have CPF rehab somewhere??

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
eh, it will save him money in the initial rush to buy the new Novatacs, McGizmo, Arc, Surefires and get cheaper used lights when he come back...

LowBat said:
Now you're thinking of leaving????? :ohgeez:

We will be in Griffith Park in a few months. Hope you can make it. :wave:

but yeah, it's weird to see someone who's only been here for a month and wants to leave. :ohgeez:

Looking at the profile, 65535 is at most 17. Maybe that is also a factor? :dunno:

Last edited:

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level

My guess is you're kidding yourself (and us). Typical addict talk, if you ask me. Actual leaving of CPF would mean to do away with your internet connection. But then there are the cafe's ... Wait a minute; that's where we are now!

So you see, just learn to live with yourself
rolleye11.gif

Kees

Illum

Flashaholic
sunspot said:
At one time, I left CPF for almost a year. I never did catch up after that. :ohgeez:

still trying...tried to leave cpf for a month while on vacation...wind up finding a internet cafe and shelled out whats left in my wallet

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He'll leave until it gets dark outside. The eternal cycle of darkness will bring everyone back :naughty: :crackup:
I stayed away most of the summer months but once the darkness started coming on earlier I found myself back here. :ironic:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you just need a break. If you really have 17 posts a day as mentioned above, maybe it's a case of burnout and a little moderation is the correct medicine. I go through cycles where I get burnt out/lose interest but always end up "coming back" so to speak, after stepping back from it all for a while.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
DoubleDutch said:
So what do you think is the posts per day ratio that will get someone in the danger zone?...

The magic number for burnout is 2*3.14159265358979 posts per day. YMMV :devil:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
When feeling burnt out, I stop visiting the forum of that particular interest. The time away allows me to divert funds to other areas. A vicious cycle...:D When summer arrives, I usually give myself a 2-3 week break from all forums and only check e-mail. It's worked well for the past 15 years being online.

Lately I spend more time in misc discussion because it's random. YMMV

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper said:
Well go already if you want to. If you change your mind in a couple hours / days/months /years CPF will still be here so you can come back.

I suppose the only member we really need to worry about losing is Sasha. :)

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
alanagnostic said:
.....Nothing else besides flashlights gives me as much pleasure with almost no guilt. Thinking about flashlights ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: Cheers.

:rock: I hear ya!