Tiablo A10: the new king of throw?

ergotelis

Enlightened
ergotelis I just noticed your sig line,thanks for the mention :twothumbs

BTW did you mean A9 or A10? :thinking:

That is the least i can do for you in my sig, maybe for Christmas i will offer a flashlight to someone for free too, i am ok now and things are much better!(that is what my sig says!) :twothumbs (But damn bad country we live, we still have huge problems here)

I mean that A9 and DBS seem to have very similar throw in these beamshots,we all know that there is a difference in throw between these two throwers, maybe older version of DBS was used. Even between my modded A8(R2 wG driven at 1,4A with 7882) and DBS(R2 WH 2sd 1,2A+UCL) i have, the difference in long distances is more than what i see in his beamshots.The A10 is better as we can see, but i think that someone should compare it with the newest and better version of the DBS.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we don't know what version of the DBS was used, from what I can tell it looks like the Tiablo A10 gets more of the light concentrated into the hot spot. It doesn't have the corona that the DBS has, and it may have less lumens lost in the spill. So the A10's reflector may do a better job of focusing more light into the hot spot. The question is, can a DBS R2 at 1.2A still get more light into the hot spot? Can't wait to see further testing. :)

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
While we don't know what version of the DBS was used, from what I can tell it looks like the Tiablo A10 gets more of the light concentrated into the hot spot. It doesn't have the corona that the DBS has, and it may have less lumens lost in the spill. So the A10's reflector may do a better job of focusing more light into the hot spot. The question is, can a DBS R2 at 1.2A still get more light into the hot spot? Can't wait to see further testing. :)

But if the Tiablo A10 reflector works well with the MC-E ACE pill/module upgrade for throw, the DBS R2 won't stand a chance and you can't use the MC-E pill in the DBS for throw as it doesn't work well with the SMO reflector.

alohaluau

Newly Enlightened
The beamshot posted at the moment is from China, where the A10 is with a Q5, not sure about the DBS.

I will wait for the comparison when it is A10 R2 vs DBS R2, or A10 MC-E vs DBS MC-E.

:popcorn:

Cheers,:grin2:
Luau

Last edited:

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
:broke:I hear you brother! My friends (non-flashaholics) see me in a strange light (ba da bing ba da boom!) when I talk flashlights/torches collection to them. Now I just keep quiet and shine the light in their faces...:crackup:

Cheers,:thumbsup:
Luau

OMG thats me

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
But if the Tiablo A10 reflector works well with the MC-E ACE pill/module upgrade for throw, the DBS R2 won't stand a chance and you can't use the MC-E pill in the DBS for throw as it doesn't work well with the SMO reflector.

A quad emitter won't out throw a single emitter. Each of the 4 emitters in the MC-E isn't as bright as a Cree R2 driven at 1.2A. For throw you want your light source to be small and bright.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen the new MC-E emitter for the Dereelight in the "thrower" model and it doesn't out throw the original. It has to have a orange peel reflector to help get rid of the shadow of the X between die right down the center of the beam, which it doesn't completely get rid off. So at a distance the single die is better. The MC-E beam is brighter all around but not down the center of the pipe where you need it and want it most. We need a single die that is putting out 400 lumens, not multiple die for these throwers until they come up with a different type of optical assembly to combine the energy of multiple die into one output that is cost effective, efficient, and not bulky in size.

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
A quad emitter won't out throw a single emitter. Each of the 4 emitters in the MC-E isn't as bright as a Cree R2 driven at 1.2A. For throw you want your light source to be small and bright.

True but that's given the same luminous flux of both emitters and the same reflector. With 2-3x the light it can't help but throw some light further given the right reflector due to the shear amount of light, but the question is whether it will be enough?

One thing to consider about the Tiablo ACE is that it has a larger SMO reflector while the DBS MC-E works only with the original OP reflector. From FlashCrazy's fog beamshots, the MC-E isn't too far behind in throw, so I'd say that anything is possible - anxiously waiting for some beamshots to show it one way or another :popcorn:

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
I have seen the new MC-E emitter for the Dereelight in the "thrower" model and it doesn't out throw the original. It has to have a orange peel reflector to help get rid of the shadow of the X between die right down the center of the beam, which it doesn't completely get rid off. So at a distance the single die is better. The MC-E beam is brighter all around but not down the center of the pipe where you need it and want it most. We need a single die that is putting out 400 lumens, not multiple die for these throwers until they come up with a different type of optical assembly to combine the energy of multiple die into one output that is cost effective, efficient, and not bulky in size.

Are you referring to the currently available MC-E model or another in development?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to the currently available MC-E model or another in development?

I would have to say the currently available one, a friend bought it from Flashcrazy, this was made specifically as an option for the DBS unit. Dropped right in. I was not all that thrilled about it at all.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say the currently available one, a friend bought it from Flashcrazy, this was made specifically as an option for the DBS unit. Dropped right in. I was not all that thrilled about it at all.

What weren't you thrilled about? The lack of throw compared with a XR-E? The beam quality, not as bright as you would have expected?

For one the MC-E pill isn't intended to be a big time thrower, it's designed to just put out more lumens. I was hoping the MC-E would have more output, it seems about the same as the P7 proto-type I got from Dereelight, but the MC-E seems more throwy while the P7 has a more floody and more even beam.

If I had to estimate the out the front lumens I'd say it's around 400 at the most. In my crude light box it scores a fair bit lower than my WF-500 with a 630 bulb lumen incan blub.

The MC-E should be able to be driven harder, but Dereelight may not want to risk damaging it.