Tiablo A10: the new king of throw?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish it was around the same size as the DBS. But I'm still waiting for the numbers!

For throw also check the Regalight EDC with the turbohead powered by a 14500 battery. Yes runtime is short and there are UI problems but numbers wise it might be able to out throw the DBS.

If the A10 has a deep and wide enoguh refelctor, it should be ableto out throw the DBS. From the pic I'd say it should match the DBS in throw.

I'd like to point out that although it does beat the DBS at 1m, the beam isn't shaped correctly for throw - It spreads out over distance more than the DBS. Unfortunately this means the lux numbers for this light too will have to be verified by a comparison.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux number isn't everything indeed. My refocused Spear has lower lux/1m number now but throws better at longer distances.
We'll see once someone can compare them, but it looks like the A10 is only driving the R2 at 1A, unregulated, so it will drop off steadily with use. The Dereelight DBS is 1.2A regulated, and will maintain the 1.2A for around 90 minutes.
We'll have to see how big of a difference the slightly larger reflector does with 200mA less output at the emitter. I'd expect them to be pretty close initially, but the A10 will most likely quickly drop in output compared to the DBS.
We need some lux readings. :)

A10 is (probably) unregulated using 18650 only. Put CR/RCR123 and you'll get steady output. Or you can change whole circuit board:D, UI is not simple after all. sku.7882, three modes, 1,2-1,4A to the emitter...:whistle:

Personally looking forward for more information about ACE. Especially beamshots. And why does it use different switch (twisty instead of clicky)?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Tiablo A10 CPFMP thread the ACE is still in testing. There should be an upgrade for the A10 R2 users.

See this post

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look forward to a great review Ernsanada!

Glad you were 1st and I was 2nd on the list. Guess we just hit the timing right.

(actually you hit the number #3 for the big discount, congrats!)

I ordered it by EMS. Hope to get it soon.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look forward to a great review Ernsanada!

Glad you were 1st and I was 2nd on the list. Guess we just hit the timing right.

(actually you hit the number #3 for the big discount, congrats!)

I ordered it by EMS. Hope to get it soon.

I was surprised I was able to get the 3rd post. I guess it pays to check CPFMP often.

You will probably get your light before me because I opted for the free shipping.

Last edited:

Stefans

Newly Enlightened
I couldnt wait for the first reviews either, so I'm also expecting a A10 R2.
If theese 40.000lux at 1 meeter is correct it should be almost twice as bright as my A9 :whistle:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
If theese 40.000lux at 1 meeter is correct it should be almost twice as bright as my A9 :whistle:

Yes, The truth is often the first casualty in sales as well as war...:crackup:

Ernsanada and I were just browsing CPFMP when that sales thread got posted. I finally had some luck in that regard.

Edited due to lack of sleep :D

:ohgeez:You're right. I mixed up Stefanfs and Stefans.....sorry :stupid:
I need to stop browsing the forums after 3am

:welcome: Stefans

Last edited:

Stefans

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, and thanks for welcoming me.
I guess our "nicks" are a bit close....and we're both swedes too
;-)
Just dont expect my reviews at the same level as StefanFS (or you'll might be dissapointed).
That said, I sure will give you my comments on this light when it arrives.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldnt wait for the first reviews either, so I'm also expecting a A10 R2.

Could be possible, but I'll believe it when I see it. :) Also lux readings are meaningless if they don't test multiple lights on the same meter so you have something to reference. Also Tiablo has been way off in their claims before. Anyone remember the Tiablo A1 with its 110 lumens out the front? More like 40. :shakehead

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
New king hey! I'm just waiting for a few reviews first :popcorn:

But already the beam shots I have seen would not IMO give the A10 that title,I think it is too early to say yet :popcorn:

ergotelis

Enlightened
New king hey! I'm just waiting for a few reviews first :popcorn:

But already the beam shots I have seen would not IMO give the A10 that title,I think it is too early to say yet :popcorn:

Yes, because beamshots from A9 and dbs look very similar and we all know that these 2 flashlights do have some difference.