TITAN PLUS

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Exactly, it took about 5 weeks for Sean and I to receive replacements lights.(not repaired ones) Maybe they are just low on stock?

I asked about that and the Tech said they have Titan Plus in stock now. I don't know if orders take priority over repair/replacement though. Probably does..... Good thing that I'm only about 40 miles from Fountain Valley so the returned Titan Plus is out for delivery already this morning. I'm carrying the Nitecore EC11 today in place of the Titan Plus.... even though its a tiny light (18350 IMR battery), it's still HUGE compared to the Titan Plus so I'll see how it goes.

I'm actually hesitant now to give these as gifts for Christmas now. How inconvenient would it be for someone to receive it and the light flickers or has greenish tint or beam is not smooth. There is no way to open up the packaging to check and re-package either. Hmmm......

Or just to send him a new light.

That would be great if they had a refurbished section. When they get a light in for repair, they could send a new light right away, refurbish the returned light and certify as working, then sell on a refurbished section on their website. Set price based on physical condition maybe.

Last edited:

Gavstein

Newly Enlightened
It would seem that Surefire is still giving 20% off to active-duty military. The only Surefire I've bought was direct from their site (LX2 Lumamax), and I saved more than if I had bought from a reseller, but that was years ago. I'm going to try and order the Titan Plus tomorrow or more likely Monday when they're open as it requires calling them.

shiawyih

Newly Enlightened
OH my God .
My Titan Plus flickered af 75 lumens.
Aneone can tell me how can I do?

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, good thing I did not order a Titan Plus. Very risky I think. Right now am satisfied with my Titan-A

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been reported many times that Surefire doesn't respond reliably to e-mails.

A phone call would be the best way to communicate with them.

shiawyih

Newly Enlightened
I've try to clean all threads and electrical contacts, removing all the grease and lube,different batterys,it is still flicker.

:shakehead

Last edited:

DimmerD

Enlightened
I've try to clean all threads and electrical contacts, removing all the grease and lube,different batterys,it is still flicker.

:shakehead
Call Surefire they will repair/replace it for you. 800-828-8809
Flickering seems to be an issue with some of the first batch.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally, after months of waiting my local dealer called me to tell me my Titan Plus has arrived. I went down straight away and grabbed my copy.

Built and construction is beautiful although there are some scratches on the finishing fresh out of the packaging. LED isn't centered perfectly but the beam looks great so it didn't bother me at all.

O ring for the lens sits perfectly with no sign of pinching under the glass window.

Apparently Surefire have not gotten out of the "green is beautiful" mentality because mine has a greenish tint. Considering I am not a tint snob when it comes to keychain light I will just accept it.

I do encounter some mode skipping issues, especially when operating it with only one hand. Sometimes it will be low and then high, and at times it will go straight to medium and high. In a couple of instances it went straight to high. This is quite common with such a twist on, twist off UI because of the lack of a tighter tolerance in the threading to allow for ease of twisting and it is not a big issue for me. Operate it with both hands and I greatly minimize the chances of mode skipping. I did initially get the L,M,M,H outputs when twisting through a bit too quickly but that sure went away when I got a hang of the timing and switch the outputs slowly.

Overall it is a keeper for me. I like the feel of it in my hands and I like the slightly beefy feel. Is it worth paying that much for one? (My dealer charges me a price equivalent to MSRP from Surefire when others are paying much more here) For me I think it is alright but I would have preferred cheaper for an AAA light. Price is subjective from individual to individual and I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusion.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbup:

I decided that I won't be getting it though. Will wait for SureFire to announce new products for 2016 and see what they have to offer.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Surefire now has my TItan Plus (RMA)... I just got off the phone with their customer service. They confirmed the delay is 4-6 weeks for turn around on repair/replacements right now.

I did ask about the Pink Titan and they said they are receiving them in today and will all start shipping Monday in the order they received the orders... WOOOHOO. at least I'll have a pink Titan until I get my Titan Plus back from them.

nbp

Flashaholic
I got my pink pen in, and it is really built nicely, but it is rather flashy. Don't even say I told you so. LOL.. I have now ordered a Pen III and am debating to keep the pink one or let it go for someone to give to their wife. :ohgeez: