Tuikku

Enlightened
badlink.jpg

Opens just fine with my browser, not with the other one :thumbsup:

http://xs.to/image-7769_4BCBEA7C.jpg

http://xs.to/image-2790_4BCBEA7C.jpg

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Volcano ash coming west to North America!

Falling ash that may be headed for Newfoundland from an erupting Icelandic volcano has resulted in the cancellation of many Monday morning flights out of St John's (Newfoundland, Canada), after Transport Canada and Nav Canada determined there's a good chance the plume is beginning to touch Canadian skies.

An airport spokesman in St. John's said there's a 30 per cent chance that ash from the volcano will hit St. John's airspace and that a number of flights had been cancelled "for precautionary reasons."

http://thespec.com/News_Wire/National/article/754340

EDIT
Map of the volcano ash cloud 2010 apr 19.
You can see its not just going east towards Europe but also west towards North America.
Volcanic-ash-cloud-2010apr19.jpg

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
new thread...removed post to discuss Royal Navy involvment.

Last edited:

Tuikku

Enlightened
Tonights news said, that eruption has easened up a bit, it puts ash up "only" to a couple of miles.
Winds on that altitude are much slower and there´s a chance that rain takes down a good amount of that ash.

We will see, these were only good quesses.

Damn that ash goes far away, almost over Canada :eek:oo:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I am going to have to wait longer
for all those goodies I ordered from overseas

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
It's a bummer not being able to order a vacation this summer.
Also the trainsystem in Norway is not that god.
That leaves bus and personal cars as the only good transport,
that means a lot of cancelled business trips.

International mail is not delayed but completly halted. Until the airplains can land.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
It's a bummer not being able to order a vacation this summer.
Also the trainsystem in Norway is not that god.
That leaves bus and personal cars as the only good transport,
that means a lot of cancelled business trips.

International mail is not delayed but completly halted. Until the airplains can land.

sorry for the lack of sypathy- thanks to the sub prime mortgage meltdown and the economic crapstorm we have had here in the states- I have not taken a vacation for a couple of years- oh well maybe next decade.:wave:

RepProdigious

Enlightened

Tell me about it, i have flashlights on route and heaps of DX stuff..... I bet it will all be delayed by weeks!

But hey, i shouldn't complain about this.... I bet the people actually living near that volcano are having really sh!tty times!

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys really need to hit the link Patriot posted. Some really incredible images.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that have never been to Iceland, I strongly recommend visiting it...i have travelled the globe, and must say that "Eesland" (in the native tongue), is one of the hidden jewels of the earth...I hiked up Mount Hekla (in the same volcanoe chain that's erupting now), and it's no wonder it's known as the lnad of "Fire and Ice"...I'll post some pic's of some of the Lavaa tubes if any one's interested...as that's where my flash-a-holism really started...

mfm

Enlightened
Let's hope not. I read our main airport is permitting flights again since april 22. I reckon my ordered flashlights will be landing today. :)

According to HK Post: "Due to the disruption of flights caused by the volcanic eruption in Iceland, there is a backlog of international air mail items (including Speedpost) destined for European destinations currently held at Hongkong Post pending resumption of flights to Europe. With the huge demand built up for air cargo space to Europe, Hongkong Post expects that it may take weeks to clear the existing backlog after the frequency of flights to Europe returns to the levels before the volcanic eruption. Customers are therefore strongly advised to refrain from sending air mail to European destinations until further notice."