Waiting for the SureFire LX1...

jonesy

Enlightened
I take it Surefire failed to meet the release date of Nov. 30th? Anyone find one for sale anywhere?

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Re: SF LX1 Where are you!?

I'm with you! I've been waiting for one of these. After having my LX2 for almost 2 months I'm convinced that the LX1 will be one of the best single battery lights made.

I agree! My LX2 is so awesome... I have to get the LX1.

WHERE IS IT?!?!

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Fellas back to page 5 of this thread. Looks like SF will intro. it @ SHOT,
which is mid Jan. 2010 in LVNV. So available to us soon thereafter ????
Would like to be wrong here, glad to eat some crow on this one as I am
looking for another 1 cell to work into my rotation w/ a well worn E1B.

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
As with many things surefire... its not even a matter of when, its a matter of if. I seem to recall several HIGHLY anticipated models that were supposed to be released and had an extensive following that died off pretty quietly :thumbsdow.

Though I doubt this will be the case with the LX1... maybe Surefire will suprise us with some upgraded specs or something to that effect :huh:.

I have wanted to get the LX1 as a new backup light for duty carry, but I need to admit that I would be WAY more excited if the LX1 was cranking out 100-120 or more OTF lumens :twothumbs, as opposed to just 80, and STILL be able to run for 1.5 hours.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I registered my newest Surefires today and each time I stuck a question in the comment section about the LX1 delay.

Couldn't hurt!

jonesy

Enlightened
In a way, I wish Surefire would borrow from Apple's playbook, and not release any real info on their upcoming products until they are actually available. Not only do you reveal to the competition what you have in the pipeline, you also annoy all your customers who take your slowness in bringing (or not bringing) to market as failure.

I'd rather be surprised in finding out that Surefire was actually working on a new L1 and have it sprung on me (and can be ordered today!), as opposed to knowing such a thing exists and it might be a year or 5 or never before I can purchase it.

Like someone else mentioned, I'm not going to wait. I just bought a Mini123 and a tuffwriter, so the Surefire LX1 money got spent. If (when) they release it, I imagine I will buy one, but it's not worth getting all worked up over.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Umm, I tried the order form, and it's letting me buy one now - opticsplanet

!!!!

It does still say unavailable for shipping though :(

bfodnes

Newly Enlightened
Personally I think the development of led bulbs move to fast.

With the LX2 they are already at 200 lumens and the 2009 catalog say it will have 120....

With a new light as the LX1 they will need to have a segment to put it in that they not already have and make sure a 1 cell light doesnt kill the sales of their just released 2 cells.

My opinion..

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I think the development of led bulbs move to fast.

With the LX2 they are already at 200 lumens and the 2009 catalog say it will have 120....

With a new light as the LX1 they will need to have a segment to put it in that they not already have and make sure a 1 cell light doesnt kill the sales of their just released 2 cells.

My opinion..
Maybe the delay in release was due to the fact that the LX1 is outputting 200 lumens just like the LX2 and they are currently cracking their heads on ways to reduce it? :crackup: