What Sunglasses do you wear?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revo sunglasses are by far the best. They were designed by a Nasa scientist. I have owned two pair and feel they are second to none. My next choice would be Serengeti, orignally designed by corning optics. Both Revo and Serengeti's come in Polorized versions if you need it. In my opinion if you want good sunglasses stay away from plastic. If you don't believe me go to a place that sells Revo or Serengeti or Maui Jims. Pick up a pair of Oakleys or Ray Bans, then pick up one of the Revo's, Serengeti's or Maui Jims, there is no comparison in my OPINION. You really have to compare them side by side to see the difference.

If you fish or are on the water a lot you definitely want to buy Polorized sunglasses.

My two Cents

Bill

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I have five different pairs of Oakleys and they are the only eyewear I'll wear. Lightweight, comfortable, excellent fit, and offers not only UV protection but also high impact resistance. Right now I really love the Bottlecap model for day to day usage. They are not very expensive and look great. Optics are excellent, perhaps not as good as glass but definitely among the best in poly.

I tried Maui Jims and they are very heavy by comparison, and Smiths just don't fit and stay in place as well.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Maui Jim or Oakleys depending on which ones I can find. Damn things are always getting lost through no fault of mine.

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I own the following:

OAKLEY GASCAN Polarized
Pro: Low Cost lost of interchangeable Lens

OAKLEY TITANIUM SPIKE Polarized
Pro: Glass Lens, light weight frame very cool look.
Con: Easy to break frame.

OAKLEY JAWBONE TRANSITIONS
Pro: Great for running cycling, very light weight and lens can be changed in less than 1 minute.
Con: $300

OAKLEY PIT BOSS POLARIZED
$600 :faint:

MAUI JIM KAHUMA NEUTRAL GREY POLARIZED / Glass LENS
Pro: Extremely clear Lens
Con: Heavy

Ray Ban Predator and Predator 2
Pro: Extremely comfortable, Dark Lens, Only $79.00 at Costco
Con: Are you kidding there only $79.00

REVO: Polarcast
Pro: 1.8mm glass Lens, extremely clear lens. light weight nickel alloy frame.
Con: Expensive $250

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting on my Government ID to order these.

I've had my eyes on the Flak Jackets though.

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Maui Jim or Oakleys depending on which ones I can find. Damn things are always getting lost through no fault of mine.

Nice rhyme. Yeah that is one of the two reasons why I buy cheap sun glasses. The 2nd reason is damaging a pair. I hate small scratches that are almost inevitable with plastic lenses especially on a $100.00+ pair of sun glasses

gsxrac

Enlightened
Oakley's Troy Lee Designs signature Gascans. But good luck finding them. They didnt last long on Oakleys website and every time I walk into a surf/skate shop at least one of the people that work there says "WHOA can I see those dude!"

gsxrac

Enlightened
It wont be long and people will be countering that with a movie of Revisions eyewear :whistle:

No need to do that now is there? :grin2: Its a cool video but last time I checked after getting shot in the face with a shotgun your vision probably wont matter much to you since the pellets lodged in your brain will be more of a complication.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
No need to do that now is there? :grin2: Its a cool video but last time I checked after getting shot in the face with a shotgun your vision probably wont matter much to you since the pellets lodged in your brain will be more of a complication.
"OK let's test these eyewear... I'm going to put them on and then I want you to shoot me in the face."

JakeGMCHD

Newly Enlightened
Rudy Project Freeon
Oakley Eyeshades
Oakley Pro M Frames
Oakley Romeo Black

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wearing M1030 mirrored aviators for about 3 years now and can say they are the best glasses I have ever seen:thumbsup:. I wear them every second I am driving and outside in the sunlight. They are comfortable and have never given me any problems in all these years. Also their lens are made from ballistic 2.1mm polycarbonate secured in their frames so tightly I can't imagine anything prying them free:twothumbs. Well that's my 2 cents, sorry for the rant:crazy:, I just really love them. They are perfect for: skiing, boating, swimming, mountain biking, snow blowing, shooting, staring at the sun and flashlight while on:whistle::laughing:, etc.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have been wearing M1030 mirrored aviators for about 3 years now and can say they are the best glasses I have ever seen:thumbsup:. I wear them every second I am driving and outside in the sunlight. They are comfortable and have never given me any problems in all these years. Also their lens are made from ballistic 2.1mm polycarbonate secured in their frames so tightly I can't imagine anything prying them free:twothumbs. Well that's my 2 cents, sorry for the rant:crazy:, I just really love them. They are perfect for: skiing, boating, swimming, mountain biking, snow blowing, shooting, staring at the sun and flashlight while on:whistle::laughing:, etc.

Just curious.....do you like your sunglasses?