What Sunglasses do you wear?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some model of Oakley since the Aviator back in the 80's, Ray Ban and Maui Jim too. My eye doc though not an Oakley dealer really likes this line of glasses.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm a die hard Maui Jim guy of about 4 years now. Prior to that I only owned Oakley. The optical precision of the MJ's is really fantastic.

Last edited:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serengeti Titanium hingless drivers gradient polarmax lens. I've had a pair for 4 years no scratches no problem with the ear pieces and so light I forget that they're on my face. They fit close and provide full coverage to my eyes when I ride my motorcycle.
Chris

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Serengeti glass lens polarized- AMAZINGLY clear with the brown lens the best driving glasses ever. Glass is a little heavy (in all glasses I think).
Serengeti polarized polycarbonate lenses- I love them too. I wear them if not in the car.
Worth a go I reckon- I bought mine untried on the web ($250 cheaper than in Australia) and bought two more pairs!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
At work when I am driving a truck, Randolph Aviators
These are absolutely bomb-proof, I have lost count on
the number of times I have dropped them on the road.

I also wear Maui Jim and Revo but in less hazards conditions :D

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm a die hard Mai Jim guy of about 4 years now. Prior to that I only owned Oakley. The optical precision of the MJ's is really fantastic.
Coming from an optics connoisseur, that's quite the endorsement!

Never tried MJ's. Off to Google...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have Maui Jim's (not Micheal Jordon's) for sale at the Optician's next to my Optometrist. There's a couple named after islands that are no frame. I'd really like a pair of those. They feel like you are wearing air.

Fulgeo

Enlightened
I used to wear only gargoyles. The original design. You know the ones where you feel compelled to ask people with a dry Austrian/Germanic voice "Is your name Sarah Conner?". But once the fun wore out and I realized it was no longer the 1980's I stopped wearing them. I still have a pristine pair of them in my old 2nd generation Z28 Camaro but thats another story for a different thread. Lately these days I just go to Walmart and "buy yourself a pair of cheap sun glasses" as Rusty used to advise. You can get a pair for under $9.00 and you will never lose them. :tinfoil:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Never tried MJ's. Off to Google...

:eek:oo: GreenLED is using a new seasonal avatar.....is this a first? :cool:

It's spelled maui jim, of course. I posted that message early this morning which is usually when I fumble.

So, yeah...I discovered that I really liked polarized sunglasses a few years back. That along with the the great optical quality has me hooked on them. Last year I had an accident with the mj's and had to replace them. After spending an hour down at my local Sunglass Hut I walked out with another new set of maui jims after walking in with the intention of spending half of what I did but I'm really sensitive to distortion. Oh well. I work outdoors so I figured I'd get what works best for me. They're available for less on line but the Sunglass Hut had a great return, upgrade and warranty policy.

I'm wearing these and these now....not at the same time though...:p

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a pair of maui jim which i love for sports. very comfortable. very clear.

for the looks i like the ray ban aviators but recently replaced them with oliver people strummer because they are much more comfortable.

greenLED

Flashaholic
:eek:oo: GreenLED is using a new seasonal avatar.....is this a first? :cool:
Not quite. I try to switch it for the Halloween season, but sometimes I forget (like last year).

So, yeah...I discovered that I really liked polarized sunglasses a few years back.
Ditto. Once I started wearing polarized, there's no way I'll pick a pair of regular shades.

I'm also kinda picky about optics, and have discovered (much to my dismay) that brand-name optics can be better than the $10 shades I used for years and years. An exception might be Chili's and Pepper's (from REI). They're relatively inexpensive shades and the optics and build quality is pretty decent.

Latest posts