What Surefire should I get?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
L6 - bright- good run time- won't die for 500 hours then has lifetime warrenty....

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights

pyro

Enlightened
yes, get the A2!
I had a L2 and sold that to a (good) friend.
i like the lower low setting better, the L2
is almost too bright, even in Low mode.
And then the regulated incandescent is great.
Only drawback is the big differencce in color
temperature, that can be really anoying after
long ues of the leds.

Or save the money and get some relly bright
things, a spotlight or a HID mod....

tyler

Newly Enlightened
I have one "real" flashlight...the A2. I love it. I took it camping for the first time this weekend. It was a great companion.

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, im a noob, if there's a place to find answers to me dumb questions...please let me know....but wat is EDC?

Also, if you had to choice between an L4 and an A2, which would u choose? i like the fact they both have variable light intensity w/o changing lamp heads. anyone have both and have a preference? thanx

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC = every day carry (i.e. a flashlight you carry every day, even if its light out)

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Lightbringer said:
Sorry, im a noob, if there's a place to find answers to me dumb questions...please let me know....but wat is EDC?

Also, if you had to choice between an L4 and an A2, which would u choose? i like the fact they both have variable light intensity w/o changing lamp heads. anyone have both and have a preference? thanx

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you get a A2 or a L4 is a matter of personal preference. I have both and I prefer the A2. I'll try to help with more information.

I prefer the A2 because of the regulated incandescent and the long runtime when using the LEDs. The incandescent has more throw than the L4. If you are going to be using primary cells (throw away 123 batteries) I would pick the A2.

If you want a flood light and if you want to use Pila rechargeable batteries I would recommend the L4. You can get Pila batteries from J.S. Burly's

I think you would be very happy with either of these lights.

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks hoghead...appreciate the info...any recommendations on where to get a new A2? Also, you can select what LED's it comes with rite? I am debating on whether to get it with white for general use, or red for night use w/o hindering night vision. also, for the a2, do the LEDs light along with the incand? wouldnt it be weird with a white incand and red leds lighting up? thanks for the help

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I think oldgrandpajack has a A2 in B/S/T. He is great to deal with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Otherwise get your A2 where ever you can find one. CPF member jcciv sells on ebay with the user name surefireparts. Tactical Warehouse is a great place to buy, then there's Meridian Tactical. You can find links to Tactical Warehouse & Meridian Tactical in the Banners forum.

I recommend white LEDs. I have other lights with red LEDs and I do like them, but in the A2 I prefer white for general purpose use and I find them much more useful than red LEDs.

The LEDs do stay on while the incandescent is on, but I understand that the colored LEDs aren't a factor when the incandescent is on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif maybe the incandescent is so bright that it isn't noticeable.

Latest posts