What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I scored a new Petzl Tikka plus 2 with the Core battery pack for 29,95 EUR.I have been using it for extra light when tiling the floor of my sauna because there is very dim fixed lighting :)

In a sauna, me thinks it's dim for a reason! It's called "MOOD" lighting! .... LOL

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Sunwayman D40A. Seems like, I like the compact AA size with big-time lumens. Also the price was good which helps too ;)

OCD

Enlightened
Lumintop Tool AAA....because I can't get a LF2XT in my budget.:( I have a Maratac AAA stainless that has served me well as an EDC back-up to my HDS. I wanted a decent AAA clicky that could clipped to my hat via the pocket clip, just like the Maratac. When the clip is postioned on the Maratac to allow being clipped to a hat, it extends past the end of the light. So the clip has to be removed and switched for hat use and switched back when finished to pocket carry. This has made the clip loose. Since the Tool is almost identical in design to the Maratac (I'm hoping the heads will interchange to give me several mode configurations) but is longer being a clicky, I can leave the clip attached to allow clipping to my hat and hopefully it will wont come loose as soon. If it does come loose (or maybe even if it doesn't) I can look at permanently attaching the clip as the carry direction of the clip can be changed on the Tool by simply switching the head and switch to opposite ends. I wanted an N-light B3 but by the time I found out about them, I couldn't find one. Hopefully the Tool will tide me over until the next best thing to a LF2XT comes around.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
EagTac G25C2 Mk II w/ XML2
Bec I wanted something this bright and throwy. A bit large for edc, but it sure throws, I can reach a treeline at least 200 yards away.

Preon P0's for use as gifts. Gotta heat-kill the magnets first though.

Sent from Winterfell using a Raven

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up an Olight S10. I didn't need another 1xCR123 EDC type light, but... a good price inspired me. I'm very glad I did and should've done it when they first came out. Terrific light! I'm stoked about the UI. I wish it had a switch lock-out like its bigger brothers S35/S65, but it's easy to twist the body to do the same thing. I just can't get over the size. Put it next to the NovaTac EDC and it looks so small. I'm eager to see what Olight does with the S10 in the next revision. They have to keep making it, as it's such a great light and from what I've heard is a good seller.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Fenix TK35 and a Home Depot Defiant 493 lumen Tactical Super thrower.
UPDATE:The TK35 needed customer service, which was poor, and the Super thrower got modified to a Triple Cyan LED Star.
iphonemay13030.jpg
iphonemay13032.jpg

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
energizer tactical aa...and the reason: BECAUSE IT WAS THERE! pwm sucks though. I thought I had too much caffeine and my hands were shaking but it turned out to be the light. I bought it at target last night and it reminded me of when my wife dropped her cell phone there. I went to the spot and realized she picked out the darkest place in the whole mall to lose her phone (which was probably a blessing; the person that found it probably saw the signal indicator blinking)

glg20

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a SF LX2 Lumamax this past weekend at a gunshow. It had been a display and had a ring attached to it. Clip was missing. Paid $50 for it. Nice light for cheap.

Other lights are a Remington my wife got me and a SF C2 Centurion that I got from and Iraqi vet (two tours) friend of mine. New to flashlights and this is basically my collection.

ozzywalker

Newly Enlightened
My last led flashlight is olight i1 eos stainless steel version for 32 Euros. It is an amazing little edc flashlight.
I have it on my keys and use it every day, great job there in olight. some specs...ANSI FL1; 1.2 impact resistant,
1150cd, 2m under water(IPX-8), 68m on high, 72 hours on low setting,
5h 10min on medium and 1 hour and 40 minutes on high mode.
it has battery reverse polarity protection,
the package comes with an allen wrench(hex key),
2 o' rings and of course one single cr123a olight battery.
the flashlight has 180 ANSI FL1,:thumbsup: OTF (out the front) lumens
led emits 280 lumens with the old measurements...
..so if anyone says that the old itp a1 is brighter is wrong!

dml24

Newly Enlightened
A week or two ago REI had thier annaul garage sale. Customer returns, floor models and other gear.

I purchased an in the box Fenix TK15 for $58.00. A great deal consdering everything for the light was in the box, including the warranty.
I purchase two Tenergy 18650s w/surfire chargers to replace the C123s that came with the light. Very happy with my second Fenix light!!!

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight H52w and SC600w MKII. Dammit! Can't stop spending money here!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MDC AA.... First uber quality US manufacturer to come out with a 1xAA with a sub-lumen mode (QTC too finicky on low lows, or so I'm told).

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Niteye Eye10 and Eye15. Because I like "infinitely" variable EDC size lights with deep pocket clips and lanyard rings. And apparently don't have enough patience to wait for new XML2 versions.

I have a number of 18350 and 18650 cells so....

bodhran

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600w MKII, because I only have four Zebralights...*s* Honestly.....just upgrading my old SC600w and like the changes they've made.

david57strat

Enlightened
The most recent light I've purchased has been an Olight S20 Baton. I love the sub-lumen mode, the battery warning light, its ability to use either CR123 or 18650 batteries (The 18650 battery is my favorite lithium ion battery size), and the built-in magnet - all, very useful.

Olight S20, pictured with Guess WaterPro Watch, and SOG Spec Elite II Knife

I haven't bought any new lights in the past couple of months. Lately, I've been wrapped in my new iPad Mini and iPhone 5S, and appropriate accessories for those.