What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff 123 MDC Nichia. Wanted to try a neutral, high CRI light, and favored simplicity and reliability over brightness. It's great on so many levels! Really appreciate the color temp.. I fear I might be turning into a tint snob! :eek:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Just got my third 2017 SF Aviator.. one for EDC 2 for flight bag and 3 for Bug Out Bag. Or maybe I'm just making up excuses to have more of them:sssh:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
* MC-E is (yes, still) one of my favorite emitters
I've noticed you quite like the older emitters. I've been slowly filling out my collection of older ones too as they are indeed quite interesting. I've gotten a few golden dragons and now a SSC P4.

Besides the above, recommendations?

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been on a malkoff journey lately and have placed too many order to report.

My latest purchase was an HDS rotary 5000k 3 O'Clock High. Wanted to try a different color temp that is still on the neutral side.

Next purchase later today will be a copper Maratac rev.4 AAA. Have been needing a good AAA light, plus jon-slider told me too:crackup:

Not exactly but he helped push me over the edge to try it

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
A couple of Lumitops:

- Prince in Copper / CF
- Tool in Titanium

Why? Impulse buy. This forum is a bad influence...

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Dorcy 3aaa cob headlamp; 122 LM high, 41 low and red. Touch sensitive on/off switch to avoid accidental activation (pretty cool). Light is very nice flood. Best part... $8 on a..... ;)

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Isn't this the truth.....
Or is it that we are too weak to resist:laughing:

Probably both...

In the mere 2 hours since my earlier post, I went a few pages back in this thread to look again at those pics of some lights put together by swapping parts between the Tool, Maratac AAA, and Prometheus Beta...

...and then I ordered a Maratac AAA Cu.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably both...

In the mere 2 hours since my earlier post, I went a few pages back in this thread to look again at those pics of some lights put together by swapping parts between the Tool, Maratac AAA, and Prometheus Beta...

Well done Hugh!!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Last LED light?

LED, LED... hmmm let me think...

None. All incan lately. No wait... nope that was an incan. But that... nope, incan too.
Why? Welp they didn't make LED lights back in the stone age.

Nope, nada one unless the classic A2 counts as an LED light. Hmmm how does one categorize that light since it arrives with a light bulb and LED's?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1496077169.608157.jpg

Sinner Copper 18350. I have poor impulse control.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
I bought several at about the same time.

1. Malkoff M91W-- because any of the M91Ws are like crack to me.
2. A pair of Sportac Nichia Triples--because I tried making my own triple with three modes and ended up with just the highest setting. Clearly, cars and filmmaking are my forte. A man has to know where his talents end. I removed the lens from one of the triples and it makes a great up close viewer and a great light to bounce off the ceiling to allow night reading.
3. Wildcat V6 Neutral--I had one before and sold it because I thought its role and my V5's role overlapped too much. Now I'm realizing that there are things that can be done with a V6 that can't be done with a V5 due to head size. Such as use a MD3 body and more comfortably carry a V6. The V6's smaller head also allows it to get further into tight spots.
4. A Quark CR123 Mini--it was cheap. It might be going up for sale. Great light, just not for me.
5. Nitecore EA11--bought it for my rally navigator thinking the red light would be less distracting for him to use during night races. Unfortunately, the red was a tiny bit to bright and it was way to easy to activate the super bright primary
LED. Again, great light--just doesn't fit with what I needed. So, maybe for sale soon.
6. Customlites XPE Red P60--here is where the whole red light thing worked. Dave made a perfect multiple level red light that had a great low mode.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Hound Dog Super was the last light I purchased.

I purchased it because I've owned and been using a Hound Dog for a couple years and it has been awesome. Super seemed even better. And the Super has even more throw. Thinking about taking up coyote hunting. Lol

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
A couple of Lumitops:

- Prince in Copper / CF
- Tool in Titanium

Why? Impulse buy. This forum is a bad influence...

Probably both...

I continue to be bad, after my two earlier posts quoted above...

That Maratac AAA Cu, before it could ship I contacted them and added a Maratac AA Ti...

Then to compliment the Prince Cu, I ordered a Prince Mini SS...

Then I had to go and order a Tool Cu, so I could have a Tool with a clicky in contrast to the electronic switch on the Tool Ti...

But even that wasn't enough, had to get some right-angle love, so I ordered a Maratac TPF AAA Br...

But that wasn't enough for free shipping so why not, let's add the tiny Maratac Peanut in Br...

I've primarily favored the 18650 with my other lights, but lately I seem to be on a bit of a kick for the AA / AAA size...

It's good to be bad.

Latest posts