What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got three lights currently being shipped to me. A Mac's Customs Brass SST-50 EDC, McGizmo BB Haiku XP-G, and a Cool Fall Spy 007. The last one I paid for was the Spy 007 and I bought it because it's just the coolest light I've ever seen.

Last edited:

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a photon freedom micro. It's going to be on my car key and I like the idea that it has a slow safety mode. Wonder how long the battery will last in that mode. If it's long enough I'll just keep it on in that mode permanently.

Last edited:

jacketch

Newly Enlightened
The last led torch I purchased was a 4Sevens Maelstrom G5 because I wanted a light with lots of throw that didn't weigh a ton but had decent run time.

The_Police

Enlightened
I ordered a Fenix TK11 R5 yesterday, I got it because the driver failed in my UltraFire CREE Q5 WF-606A, i always had it on my belt. I decided spending a little more money will be worth it, especially if it's Fenix quality. I also want a small, durable, bright flashlight.

As I read some of the first posts in this thread, I also have always been fascinated by flashlights, and I owned many flashlights back when i was real little. I just recently I finished my custom made 2D Maglite bezel and gave it an aspheric lens. :D here's to the flashlight modders/collectors! :buddies::drunk:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't buy a whole LED light, but I just bought a Terralux TLE-300M-EX LED drop-in for my next Maglite project.

The_Police

Enlightened
the TerraLUX TLE-6EXB MiniStar5 is what I have in my Mag, it is really good quality, I have an aspheric lens on it, (can also look at my avatar) and it throws a little over 1000 feet. :D it's worth it if you want a simple Mag upgrade.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a used Aviator and man I like this light. Now I'm looking for a yellow/grn Aviator. My new/used Aviator has taken over as my house light, that low LED is nice and the incan is plenty bright. Really like it.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or has there been alot of people just buying Maglite drop-ins? :popcorn:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me or has there been alot of people just buying Maglite drop-ins?

Yep, count me in that camp. I don't know why, but after spending about the last year buying ready to go lights, I got the bug to go back to modifying Maglites suddenly. A drop-in upgrade really isn't much of a modification compared to what others are doing with their Maglites, but it is a bit more different than a regular stock Maglite. Having a light that's a little more custom compared to everyone else's is pretty cool.

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday, I bought a neutral white Preon 2 for work/play.

Sooner or later, I'm going to have to get a titanium set, too.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark CR2 Mini......Hada' have one. Needed a more powerful keychain light with more modes. Love it. May order a neutral mini 123 too! :D

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H501w.

I wanted to try a true flood light for EDC and was also interested in experiencing the Zebralight UI after having read about it.

I love it. It's not much use beyond 10 feet, but for 99% of my EDC uses, it's perfect. It's replaced my L-mini II on my belt (making my belt much lighter in the process).

Also, the UI is wonderful. It's the first multi-mode high-end UI that I could give to a non-flashaholic without multiple tutorials on how to half-click to change mode.

--flatline

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a JetBeam Jet-III Pro ST BVC with a Q35A neutral white emitter yesterday. It will replace the Quark AA2 R2 in the TwoFish bike block on my bike helmet as my primary bicycling light.

cottonpickers

Newly Enlightened
My latest is a 4 sevens miniCR2

- I've already got a ti version with the batts for life program, and figured it would be good to have a spare light given the batteries I'll have.

I also fancy a go at de-anodizing the std version. Ultimately I'll leave this light in my camping box where it will get used a few times a year, without me worrying if it gets lost/stolen broken. Its such a nice sized light that I could easily pick up another at some point.

The_Police

Enlightened
Yep, count me in that camp. I don't know why, but after spending about the last year buying ready to go lights, I got the bug to go back to modifying Maglites suddenly. A drop-in upgrade really isn't much of a modification compared to what others are doing with their Maglites, but it is a bit more different than a regular stock Maglite. Having a light that's a little more custom compared to everyone else's is pretty cool.

I agree with you, it amazes people when you Mag is different than the rest. My grandma even wants me to build her one like mine :D

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be the Haiku XP-G version.
Why, I always wanted a McGizmo light, and I was in Maui, so I saved about $33 in shipping, since I picked the light up from Don.:twothumbs

somename

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a Quark WW 123 Turbo and a Quark Neutral (XP-G R4)AAx2 Tactical. Outdoors both of these lights look awesome.

Too bad they didn't make a Neutral Turbo Quark. I would have loved to got a 123 Turbo with the new XP-G R4 neutral. This makes 3 WW Quarks and 1 NW Quark now, but each has its own advantages.

Voider

Enlightened
Deree DBS V3 SST-50. It seems to be the most pocketable for its output and beam pattern. I haven't received it yet. I just hope its OTF is around 500 lumens.

Latest posts