What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
I've ordered a Surefire G2L with the new KX4 bezel.

It's been tempting me for a while now, I'm curious to see what the new KX4 can do and I went for the nitrolon light to have a Surefire that I don't mind if it gets a bit beaten up caving.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready 9P and Moddoo Triple, along with a pair of AW black label 18500 batteries

I wanted a very bright light, in a easy to EDC size, and this one looks perfect

cant wait for it to arrive

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Surefire 6P with Z59 clicky and Dereelight 3SM XPG (warmish tint?) with the new OP
XPG specific reflector.

Huge hotspot and great spill transition; and I'm getting used to the lemon / lime tint.

No donut, no rings at all, just beautiful light. I'm very happy with this combo.

Last edited:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Just ordered an Icon Rogue 1 today. Curious what they're like and I don't have many quality AA lights so far.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a High CRI Executive Clicky. It'll be a while before I get it because the dealer is going to make a leather holster for it.

This'll be my first Ra light and my first high CRI light (and my first CR123 light that isn't mounted on a firearm).

I decided to get it mostly out of curiosity. It's one of the more expensive EDC lights out there, yet absolutely nobody has anything bad to say about it (not even that it's too expensive). On a forum where everything has its detractors, it's intriguing to me that everyone seems to agree that the Ra clicky is a superb value, even at its impressive price point.

If it lives up to its reputation, it'll be replacing the L-mini II Q3-5C, H501w, and Quark AAw that I've been rotating through for EDC.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should use as a spacer to be able to charge the RCR123s in my Pila IBc charger?

--flatline

notsofast

Enlightened
A HDS 170E. Because it came with a free hand crafted holster...and well... to see what all the fuss is about with the 170.

bigfoot

Enlightened
HDS Clicky High CRI. After seeing the beamshots and reading the reviews here on CPF, I had to try one.

Was not disappointed at all! A totally amazing light! :)

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went kind of old school with my last purchase. I bought a brand new Muyshondt Nautilus from the German Fenix Store. OK I say old school because of the Q5 LED in it. I bought it as a small, simple and bomb proof alternative to my Ra Clickies and for the outstanding runtimes. I had ideas to maybe have a newer LED dropped into this one but I am actually quite pleased with the beam so far. I really love this little light so far!

bluewang

Newly Enlightened
I bought one - Shinedi's rock20. Its gravity sensor allows me to turn it on / off without pushing any button. the function looks interesting, but it does have more potentials to improve its usibility.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
my last LED light purchase is kinda old school, with a bit of new tech in it.

i grabbed a Oveready Bored custom ha3 9P, and a Moddoo Neutral dropin (1000lumens)

it just arrived in the mail this morning, and man am i blown away, now its only 6 hours till nightfall.

The crew at Oveready were awesome to deal with, they really helped me get the light that i wanted

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of these:

P1050082-vi.jpg

Mac's latest offering. SST-50 3 mode drop-in for a maglite driven at 2.8amps.
I also bought a Quark 2AA Turbo ealier in the month, but it doesn't compare to this.

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
The best light I bought was a zebralight h501w. Why, because it's used on a daily basis as a reading light for which it is perfectly suited.

xdes

Newly Enlightened
My last (and first at the same time) LED light was Fenix TK12 (R5). Bought it recently with 18650 battery.

Before that, i had (still have it somewhere to be honest) a minimag AA, and i just wanted something brighter, more modern flashlight around the same size.

About 2 years ago, my first choice was dereeligh cl1h, then i changed my mind and wanted a fenix tk10, tk11, and then tk12. It was not a fast purchase. :) hehe

But now, i am happy with this light. Could be not my last flashlight though. But i am not considering myself flashaholic yet. I mean a like flashlights but i am not a collector. (not eh? i have a minimag, fenix tk12, and a scraplamp made out of household scraps. that's a collection already :D)

Latest posts