What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

ZUbGilcPpm

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 6PX Pro

Why? I wanted to see if Surefire improved their user interface. I DO like the clicky two level output! I never like the twist-to-turn-on idea--that went obsolete after I bought my EDC120 and HDS lights.

The Pro turns on low, then click again within two seconds and it goes bright.

Maybe I would rather it come on HIGH first, so that it is more wife-compatible...

Ishango

Enlightened
I just ordered a NiteCore EX10. I like the piston idea and the small size including a clicky (sort of).

I also like that David from 47's was involved in the design and uses a McClicky design for the "piston drive" part. I was looking at the website of my favorite local dealer and saw it. Read some reviews about it here and decided to give myself a little present (yet again :sssh:). lovecpf

Beast

Newly Enlightened
I got a Lighthound CR-1 Cree Q4 Led about 2 weeks ago and love this light. It's a twisty, small, bright and can really throw some light. This thing rocks for the price paid. It fits in the little pocket in all my jeans, cant even tell its there. I use it for edc mainly. Ive already had to use it at work as the power went out and most of our offices do not have windows. Everyone was shocked at the amount of light it produced. My daughter uses it to let the dog out at night. I'm gonna have to get her one. I prefer a light that you can really carry all the time. I have a few lights that I carry all the time. This is by far the brightest!

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last light was actually some time ago the D20 from the 4Sevens sale. I threw a Q3-5A in it and it's now my outdoor light.

rayman

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a SF L2 SS that will become my EDC as it will match the SS Spydercos I also EDC.

black_ice_pc

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Xeno E03, because 490lm in a AA light is OMGWTFLOLZ. It had some problems on receipt, but it's being promptly worked out by the seller :thumbsup:

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
I need another flashlight like I need a hole in my head...but, I just grabbed an X5-Red off the MP for a real "Battery Vampire". It'll compliment my L1-RD and Kroma's very nicely! "Dead" single-cell CR123's...watch out!!!

The old 7 LED. Peak McKinley does a fantastic job of ringing CR123's dry - It gets pretty dim at the finish.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guilty... even though I really couldn't afford it, I bought a Z2-S from that OpticsHQ closeout thread... I'm a Z2 nut and I can always find some way to justify buying a light every once in awhile for myself - even though I swore to myself I wouldn't do it again - thus is the life of a flashaholic. It really is an addiction. It can cause marital stress. My advice to all flashaholics who are married to non-sympathizers to our hobby, to hide your collection from view... hide it well. I'm not condoning you to lie... it's just sorta like "out of sight, out of mind".. it works...

Shao

Lightman2

Enlightened
47's Quark Mini123, Eagletac P20A2 MKII and Zebra SC51. Love lights with strobe, sos and beacon all of which I believe are invaluable as a survival tool light (yes I know the SC51 has no beacon or sos). Spent hrs deciding on what I wanted. I love side switches so Zebra was the one for me and 200 lumens on 1 x AA and 80mm long it was a no brainer. Mini 123 with 3 levels of light and 4 special modes all in a package at 60mm again a real no brainer and the Eagletac because it offered the best performance (that I could see) for a 2 x AA light and again had all the functions (sos etc). Still considering an AAA light and a 2 x 123 light (probably Revo and NT20 respectively) with eyes open toward the Eagletac new lights and Zebra Q50 4 x AA.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Bought 3 lights in one week. Quark 123t ti, tiAblo e3a, nitecore ex10. It was nice getting a new light in the mail about everyother day for three days. Oh what a feeling. Then when the last light arrived, very next day I got a box with some
Li-ions and a charger and a pelican case for my new toys!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guilty... even though I really couldn't afford it, I bought a Z2-S from that OpticsHQ closeout thread... I'm a Z2 nut and I can always find some way to justify buying a light every once in awhile for myself - even though I swore to myself I wouldn't do it again - thus is the life of a flashaholic. It really is an addiction. It can cause marital stress. My advice to all flashaholics who are married to non-sympathizers to our hobby, to hide your collection from view... hide it well. I'm not condoning you to lie... it's just sorta like "out of sight, out of mind".. it works...

Shao

Do what I do, Shao...have so many, that when you get a new one, the wife doesn't notice cause it blends in with the rest...worked for me for the longest time and still does!

Flightsintx

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore D11 R5. Takes 3v batts (Walmart- Westinghouse LiFePO4) and is BRIGHT. PD switch is quiet and reliable. Remembers intensity level used last. Is sturdy. AA size fits in front pants pocket well. candle mode stands up well. Does not roll. I like that it does not have a clip or anything rubber on it to snag/drag in pockets. Finish is good. Feels good in hand.

Ishango

Enlightened
I just ordered a SC30w from ZebraLight. I already own the SC51w and I like it a lot. I wanted a CR123A version of it as well, and fell for the clearance sale. I know the SC31w is out as well, but I still think this is a nice light.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a SC30w from ZebraLight. I already own the SC51w and I like it a lot. I wanted a CR123A version of it as well, and fell for the clearance sale. I know the SC31w is out as well, but I still think this is a nice light.

The SC30W is a fine light! You'll not be disappointed. :)

curry__muncha

Newly Enlightened
Latest Purchase: Zebralight SC51
Why: Brightest and most efficient AA light atm)

5780526524_e688838e2d_b.jpg

shomie911

Enlightened
I purchased a Surefire Kroma-MILSPEC from the marketplace.

It will look like this when I first get it (and say MILSPEC of course):
RaEWc.jpg

But mere moments after, with the addition of the Surefire A21 adapter, I'll have an EDC-sized, one rechargeable RCR-cell Kroma-MILSPEC.

(Images found on CPF and have been rehosted to avoid hotlinking :))

Extremely sleek look, while retaining all of the functionality of the full-sized MILSPEC
yY1Lj.jpg

The Surefire Combat Ring is a perfect fit for the A21 body.
CHqF2.jpg