What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Richub

Enlightened
The Fenix TK50.

I wanted a dedicated thrower, to add to my collection of (mostly) floody lights. The Fenix TK35 is a reasonable thrower too, but the TK50 is really a dedicated thrower.

OCD

Enlightened
HDS 200 clicky.....because its an HDS! :twothumbs It replaced my RRT-0 as my EDC which subsequently I found out had been broken during the last few months of EDC duty.:sigh:

Edit: Actually I purchased MY MPP-1 head (to go on my L2P to have a good thrower) after ordering my HDS clicky. I got the MPP-1 before the HDS finally arrived.

Last edited:

redheddedstranger

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK11 bc i needed a bright tank built flashlight that can use CR123's and 18650's. my MGpocket rocket broke (now fixed) and i wanted a replacement.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
An RA Clicky 140GT. Because there was a nice one for sale at the same time I had the money, THAT NEVER HAPPENS so I had too. :devil:

yliu

Enlightened
Fenix LD20 R4, I needed an AA EDC light, so after some research I thought I can't go wrong with that.

Now, I am searching for an single AAA light for my keychain, because I find it a bit bulky to carry the LD20 especially in the summer.

I've also set my eyes on the Sunwayman T20C, to replace my TK12 R5, and also considering the TK35 for a more compact "high" output flashlight to replace the TK45.

So this summer I'm going to replace most of my lights. The old ones goes in a box into my collection, and backup torches if other break.

dam294

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix LD20 R5 as a big brother to my LD10. The LD10 is my EDC but I wanted a two AA light for camping/hiking. I was very pleased with my LD10 and since the user interface for both are the same it just made sense to me to go with the LD20.

Xacto

Enlightened
After a hard battle (and finally a phone call to the dealer) I ordered a Surefire 9P with a Thrunite XM-L dropin (currently on offer at that dealer). The battle I fought was between the aforementioned 9P / Thrunite XM-L offer and a Surefire L1 (would have been my third one - one for the shelf, one for the nightstand with red filter, this one would and will be included in the EDC rotation). Surefire L1 will be on next month (if I can wait that long).

Cheers
Thorsten

Got an offer for a used Thrunite Scorpion V1 and changed the above order on short notice to a Surefire L1 (my third).
Not so good thing - the previous owner of the Scorpion obviously tried to unscrew the LED part and damaged the mounting holes. So far no reaction on my e-mails.

Nonetheless - I may re-order the 9P&XM-L combo, with Surefire discontinuning so many good lights, I should devote my budget on stockpiling them.

Cheers
Thorsten

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC51 high cri (arrived) and SC600 (still waiting). Bought 'em both "just because. Loving the little high cri light - but lately I've become enamored of Incan lights.…

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Last light I purchased was an ITP CR123 light. Nice size but had to do some clean up on it to get it working correctly. When it arrived, the threads had some kind of metalic debri that allowed it to turn on before the twisty bottomed out. Made it hard to select a specific mode. Works ok now but doesn't have memory and starts out in low mode.

A much better light is the Brynite I bought a year back for keychain duty. Has five modes with memory, runs on a AAA and has been a rock solid EDC. Another bonus is it cost less than half the price of the ITP.

tam17

Enlightened
My newest FL is a JetBeam PA01. It's a typical EDC single-AA flashlight (the format I currently prefer), and it's also my first with a clickie switch. It has a full power strobe (140lm) and a last-used-mode memory, so it can be used promptly to ward off dogs or to warn a reckless car driver when you're walking at dusk or night...
Cheers,
Tam

shortstack

Enlightened
novatac storm 120st................ bought it for $16....... planning on changing the led :thumbsup:

knifeguy68

Newly Enlightened
No real reason for getting this one other than impulse. Went to Target to get my wife some medicine and saw this on the flashlight section. It was cheap enough to take a chance on. Actually a well put together light.
DSC_0003-3.jpg

Ishango

Enlightened
I just ordered a Preon 1 from 4Sevens. I haven't seen my little daughter of 2,5 years for 9 months now and this is the third fathers day I'm missing, thanks to my ex-wife. I figured I'd buy myself a fathers day present :)

Richub

Enlightened
The last flashlight I bought was a Fenix TK15, as a replacement for my TK12.

I wanted an EDC with that nifty second button for mode selecting. ;)
The head twisting to select the modes on my TK12 got on my nerves.

This week I'll be buying an E05 as keychain light...

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Well, the last light I bought (ordered) was a Zebralight SC51. I ordered it because I don't have a high output AA flashlight! While I own several, none approach 200 lumens. I ordered it yesterday so I won't actually have it for a few days. The last light I received was last week, and it was a Zebralight H31. I ordered it because we had a power outage last week from a severe thunderstorm, and I was reminded once again about how invaluable a headlamp is.

brembo

Enlightened
I'm very new to the flashlight game. About two weeks ago I was trying to tidy up some cables behind my display in my home theatre and could not see squat. The ancient rechargeable MagLight I inherited from my dad was spitting out a feeble glow equivalent to a soggy cigarette. Made me angry that I didn't have a proper torch to get the job done. I hopped online to look up the light I remember being the hotness back in the late 90 (stinger) and was blown away by the LED offerings in terms of lumens and runtimes. I ended up with a JetBeam BC40 for my around the house "see stuff really clearly" light.

Poking around in here (CPF) I also saw that tiny form factor lights now put out lots of light, in some cases absurd amounts for such wee little hunks of metal. I had never messed with small lights before as light output was so anemic. Looking at the current crop of high-end emitters I realized that the AA/Cr123/single 18650 lights were incredibly useful looking tools. More time lurking about, more time shaking my head at how far LED tech has come. I saw that sub 4" form factors were more than capable of punching out very useful amounts of light and decided that I needed one for my pocket.ShiningBeam S-Mini Neutral us now on it's way to my house along with some AW cells. I looked hard and long at the Neutron1C and the HDS Executive Clicky as well, but price and battery capacity of the S-Mini kept speaking to me.