What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

TheRev.

Newly Enlightened
just got a Surefire 6p and i'm going to use it to play lightsaber in the dark... jk great light and i love it

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
Xeno E03 with wand. I read selfbuilt's review and saw it was a good light for only $30, but what attracted me was the wand. I wanted a good wand diffuser, and the E03 has a good one.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CaNo: I would like to say: such a thread will be just too much if every CPFer would take it serious. Many of us buy a new LED light every week! :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Couple of Energizer models picked up couple of days ago.

2AAA Energizer Hard Case Pro LED Inspection light, and one of their battery-powered LED GlowSticks that also can be used as a flashlight and a slow strobe emergency beacon.

GlowStick going in my BOB, right next to a couple of traditional glow sticks. The Inspection light had a few features I was looking for specifically. Mainly survive a fall, side switch, and run on AAA cells.

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest LED purchase was the Led Lenser P7. I was looking for a slim 2xAA light to keep in my glove box, and I picked the P7 because of it's adjustable spot/flood beam. I have not been disappointed! The spot to flood adjustment works great (not so funky like a Mag light), my only gripe is that on flood mode the center seems slightly dimmer than the outer edges.

redorblack

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff Wildcat with the housing for twin 18650 cells. I was shaking a bit sending that much money off for a flashlight... but it has not disappointed. It's "Holy Crap!" bright, and that is the general term used by the other mechanics at work when I light up an engine bay or undercarriage with it.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Just recently got a Peak Logan QTC in SS, cause I've always one of Peaks lights, and a Quark Mini AA in titanium, cause I love titanium, and I have several nice eneloops, and like the AA format for pocketable lights. The Peak is just awesome! Highly recommend at least the little Logan QTC!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
E2L-AA...because I got rid of my last two (not becuase they weren't good lights, but I had to basically "trade-up"), so now I can get one that I can keep...

wbrock001

Newly Enlightened
I purchased the Surefire M3LT. The reason was that I wanted a darkness blasting tool to spot wildlife while out on walks...not spotting in the negative sense that poachers use. But rather just to be able to see critters at all. Here in Texas that light allows me to see the reflective eyes from great distances. I've seen coyotes, hogs, possums, raccoons, armadillos, deer, beavers, etc when I otherwise wouldn't have noticed their presence. And this is all within city limits, which is amazing in itself how present wild life is around here.

Bill

Richub

Enlightened
I got my Fenix E05 yesterday, and saw 3 new TK41s winking at me in the store... So I took one of them home with me as well.

The E05 is really useful as a keychain light, the TK41 was just another flashaholic purchase. ;)

lps

Newly Enlightened
Last light I bought was an Ultrafire C3 SS in order to mod it to 1A perfect regulation with a warm white XM-L T3 LED.

Turned out nicely :)

smallmagnum

Newly Enlightened
My last flashlight was the Spark SL6-800CW
The three main reasons for this decision were:
- compact size in combination with high output
- the ingenius ui with the two switches
- homogeneous beam because of the op-reflector

S1LVA

Enlightened
I have a Quark 123*2 Tactical R5 on it's way to me. I wanted a small, bright, and tough two-mode light for my EDC rotation.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
LumaPower Encore I couldn't resist the size and power source and optics.
(almost got the Trust 2 but it doesnt seem to run as well on a 18650. I also drooled over the various LP Signarure and D Mini lights:devil:) featured BattJunction
Before that a TerraLux 2AA LED and AA LED because they show what can be had in effective LED lighting for less than $25 and a TerraLux warm 2 AAA LED orange body because it's a nice neutral LED light that can take some tough use in the field.I also like it's clip. That same week, from the good folks at GoingGear, a Catapalut V3 with green lens because it was priced right and seems to be the ultimate "mid priced" 1000+ lumen light with direct access to strobe. Later that week..a $5 LED (nichia 5mm?) AAA (blue body) with clicky and clip at a flea market late last Saturday afternoon because it looked cool and was only $5 with a clip I could also use on my Fenix E05.
After these lights I'm might be able hold off for a while.:broke: I think I am OK at least until ??? I see something new or cant resist an item Ive wanted for a while:thumbsup:

Ok this week's purchase is $53 compare that to a "dinner for 2" at $50 to $100+ and it doesnt seem so strange to drop $50 on a light when I already have more lights than I can count etc etc heh heh heh

jds1

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Sunwayman V10R Ti for two reasons. It's my first variable output light and my first Ti light.

Jeff

Schuey2002

Enlightened
No real reason for getting this one other than impulse. Went to Target to get my wife some medicine and saw this on the flashlight section. It was cheap enough to take a chance on. Actually a well put together light.
DSC_0003-3.jpg
How do you like that Energizer? Does it feel cheap in any way?