What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Up All Night

Enlightened
Mr.Zappa was indeed my first exposure to that term! I have to confess to not being a fervent follower of his music but several of my friends would play it often. It actually became a catchphrase for us anytime something unexpected occured.
I hadn't thought about it in years and then out of the blue I see a tv spot in which a groundskeeper is painting the end zone at a Chiefs game. One of the players
comes over and says "great job, but who are the chefs?" He had forgotten the "i", he then utters "Great Googly Moogly!" I laughed my hoop off!

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered a Eagletac M3C4 (3 x XP-E R2) today. It was on sale and although a slightly older M3C4 light the output is still very interesting to me. I usually EDC something smaller, but wanted at least one other larger light in case I need it one day (or just for fun :) ). Currently my only decent larger light is an Olight M30 Triton. This would also be my first Eagletac, a brand I've had my eyes on for a while after reading many great reviews.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I ordered a Eagletac M3C4 (3 x XP-E R2) today. It was on sale and although a slightly older M3C4 light the output is still very interesting to me. I usually EDC something smaller, but wanted at least one other larger light in case I need it one day (or just for fun :) ). Currently my only decent larger light is an Olight M30 Triton. This would also be my first Eagletac, a brand I've had my eyes on for a while after reading many great reviews.

I was very close to getting that, seemed like a great deal from knivesandtools ;) I only wussed out because I'd also need to get a charger and I think that particular model might have been too bulky and overkill for my purposes. Hope they come out with some sort of XM-L U2 with a single 18650 + charger and two batteries deal soon...

I got my Fenix E11 from them a two weeks ago (first "real" flashlight). Keeping a close eye on the daily offer since they have great deals.

Ishango

Enlightened
I was very close to getting that, seemed like a great deal from knivesandtools ;) I only wussed out because I'd also need to get a charger and I think that particular model might have been too bulky and overkill for my purposes. Hope they come out with some sort of XM-L U2 with a single 18650 + charger and two batteries deal soon...

I got my Fenix E11 from them a two weeks ago (first "real" flashlight). Keeping a close eye on the daily offer since they have great deals.

Yup, knivesandtools alright. I just couldn't resist not buying it as a fathers' day present for myself :) They frequently have great deals and have a nice collection of available lights. The E11 is a nice light to start with.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
I guess I should have skipped this one. Now I'm thinking about getting a new light since its been over a few months since I got my Zebralight H31 CRC123 220lm. I got it because I like the size and it makes for a easy carry.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
ThruNite TN30 and TN31, because for their size, they really are the new flood and throw king, respectively.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Solarforce host and Nicha 219 p60 drop in.
I wanted to she what all the fuss was about with the new 219. I haven't been disappointed! Its a great beam and superb tint.

jk037

Newly Enlightened
Trustfire 3T6. Because it was £30 including a set of 18650s, charger and postage - effectively a "starter kit" for high-powered lithium torches.

Have to keep an eye on battery voltages as the included 18650s are the dreaded blue Ultrafires, with no protective circuit, and the charger is the standard "dumb" item that gives an open-circuit voltage of 4.26V (on a calibrated Fluke 289) - i.e. has potential to slightly overcharge the battery.

But it all seems to work well and the 3T6 is phenomenally powerful for such a cheap and relatively compact torch!

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF UB3T's in the mail. I've loved my original U2 since I got it, and this thing's basically a massive, super-bright U2 so I couldn't pass up an OK deal on a used one.

loquutis79

Enlightened
Last recieved was my Eagletac D25LC2 XM-L. Wow, what a tiny little package of huge amounts of light. For sure my new EDC.

In the mail [come on Battery Junction] will be the Thrunite TN31. I was in the market for a serious thrower, and this is what I came up with via the threads here.

Plus I really like the looks of this light and the ring function looks cool. I can't wait for it to get here.

edpmis02

Enlightened
Neutral Quark X 123^2 during the 15% off fathers day sale. Makes a nice quick way to light a room for a few minutes. Can adjust the brightness as needed and its running off Li-Ion.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Led Lenser X7R
- its a new design
- rechargeable with outlet or USB cord
- regulated
- multiple settings
- great warranty

More than just an LED with an Orange Peel Reflector.

Last edited:

Wolf359

Enlightened
3 x LD25's 1 x E11 this week

LD25's where upgrade to the fenix E21's currently in the family BOB's and the E11 is a trial before i buy more for the family as EDC lights.

moving away from r/cr123 and 18650 to AA based lights for primary AAA for backups.

Force Attuned

Enlightened
I only just purchased 3 x flashlights after not buying any for around 3 years or so.

Around 2 years ago I lost my Surefire E1L, I reckon my 1 year old at the time threw it in the bin, never to see it again.

Although I had a 1 x CR123 cell Surefire E1B, I always wanted to replace the E1L at some stage as it was my fave light.

Being in law enforcement, I wanted to upgrade my Malkoff enhanced Maglite also as a spotter.

Anyway, I have on the way 3 x lights :

1. Jetbeam PC10 (to replace the E1L)
2. Jetbeam RRT15 w/extender (primarily for going away use)
3. Jetbeam BC40 (as a spotter)

Have a charger and 8 x 18650's on the way to run the BC40 and RRT15 w/extender.

Shame the E1L costs so much otherwise I would have purchased a new one. Got a good deal on the RRT15 for under US$100 including delivery to Australia.

Can't wait till they arrive!

hoss1968

Newly Enlightened
The last light I bought was a quark x 123x2. I use a quark x AA2 head on a single AA tube with a 14500 battery or a Fenix pd32 as my EDC light. Well I always grab the quark because I find myself needing the moonlight mode at night so I bought the quark x 123x2 to replace the Fenix.