What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Ishango

Enlightened
I finally saw the new Maglite Pro available here. So I ordered the Maglite Pro to see for myself if this iconic light has really made an improvement this time. I was looking at the Pro+, but the price here is too steep for now (I'll just wait for it to go on sale someday). I've had a MiniMag for well over 15 years and although I now own and use better lights I still like the Maglites because of the good memories.

Xacto

Enlightened
Jetbeam BC-20 - nice light with nice output and beam profile for those events when you do not want to EDC one of the more expensive lights.
Surefire E2DL. Always wondered why it seems to be one of the most often quoted, pocketable Surefire lights on CPF. Now I know, even though the bezel teeth are sharper then those on other Surefire lights.

Cheers
Thorsten

Bafanafa

Newly Enlightened
The Maratac AAA Rev2. I love EDCing AAA lights and although they're not the nicest lights on the market, I feel they get the job done when I need them too. I'm gonna wait a little bit to see what the LED manufacturers come up with in terms of power and efficiency before getting a higher-end light...that's my thought today anyway.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunight TN31. I bought it because of it throw and the control ring. Very easy to carry, use, and control.

allyourblood

Newly Enlightened
Olight i3 EOS (black). I wanted another AAA light to be used as an EDC.

Ooh, congrats! I bet you're gonna love it. I've been carrying one for the better part of a year and it's excellent. Such a great value and the brightness and battery life are both really high for the form factor.

For me, it's the Sipik SK68 (or a clone; not sure). I wanted a really inexpensive, bang-for-the-buck cheapy light for leaving on my nightstand and this seems like a great choice. If it last even 6 months to a year I'll be happy. Mostly I just want something cheap to goof around with.

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
The Terralux 220 is a very nice light for the price. I bought one on sale some time ago not expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised when I received it.

My most recent was a used Delghi Iris. I've always liked the way it looks and the quality is top-notch.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
2x 18650 3100mah AW batts
New Pila Charger

Prometheus Alpha BL - Because of the reviews on here, and Jason is so good to deal with, answered any and all questions I had before purchase
Sunwayman V10R Ti+ - To sit next to my shinny new Alpha and look pretty

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly an entire flashlight, but I just purchased an new M31W. Didn't need it, but I just couldn't pass up the clearance price.

bodhran

Enlightened
The Apex 5T6. The design initialy caught my eye but after putting this light through it's paces, i.e. camping and at work, I'm very happy with it. Slipping your hand through the handle makes for a comfortable, secure grip. The base provides a stable tail stand. It's not driven too hard which I like but still bright enough for my needs and then some. H/M/L, with memory and no flashing modes which I could do without. I have an number of lights both high end and budget. I don't let price or brand influence my decisions. This light is well worth the money and if something happened to it I would not hesitate buying another.

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
Klarus Xt11, iTP A3 EOS XP-G R5 upgraded model, fenix lD20

I bought the Klarus because my maelstrom G5 crapped out after being dropped too many times at work; I had bought it right when the 2nd version came out and carried it ever since up until 3 weeks ago. The G5 was tough, but dropping it too many times (literally way too many) caused it to start flickering and only the max mode would work. Instead of having it fixed, I just bought a new light. My final decision came down to the maestrom x7 and xt11. I use the light for a tactical purpose/work.

I bought the iTP aaa because it was on sale at $19 and it was too good a deal for a mulit-mode general purpose light.

The fenix I bought because I had the prior L2D model. I had beat the crap out of that L2D and it still works to this day. The toughness of that light made me buy the LD20 as my x2 AA general purpose light.

PhotonSuperposition

Newly Enlightened
My first LED light was a Lightwave 2000 I got for my father way back in 2001. It uses tiny 3mm (?) white diodes and was barely brighter than a penlight, though I still like the diffuse glow it gives off. I say it is my first one, because I got it back a few years later when Dad took one of my Peak Pacific lights, which rides in his pocket (and through the washing machine in that pocket) to this day.

borealis

Newly Enlightened
My first LED light was a Lightwave 2000 I got for my father way back in 2001. It uses tiny 3mm (?) white diodes and was barely brighter than a penlight, though I still like the diffuse glow it gives off. I say it is my first one, because I got it back a few years later when Dad took one of my Peak Pacific lights, which rides in his pocket (and through the washing machine in that pocket) to this day.
Did you mean to post in this thread instead? Oh wait, you did...

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree 5xR2 drop-in for a D-cell maglite. I ordered it because I found my OLD 2D maglite and it's obviously worthless in it's current state. Also my current brightest light is only a little over 200 linens and this one "claims" to be 1200 (I'm expecting more like 800-900).

I've already ground down the mag head so the drop-in fits, spent some time today grinding down the drop-in so the lens cover screw on completely. Then it's just soldering a few already and firing her up!

Can't wait to have a new brightest flashlight!