What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

cpfdemigod

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a red Olight i3 (very beautiful red) from illumination supply for $14.99 for my wife, as my addiction has carried over to family members now! Yes, I know, the pic is slightly big below!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71HfWbSpjaL._SL1500_.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

laser63588

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a Quark AA tactical only because it was put out by 4sevens. Other than that I haven't felt the urge to buy anything.​

Stainz

Enlightened
SF UB3T Invictus... because I always wanted one... and it was marked $500 (They are now $550!) NIB at a local dealer - on their half-off closeout table! What a find. Now, who do I short change this month... utilities or mortgage? Surefire-gluttony is tuff. They had an M3LT, too - probably long gone. Now - to finance some more CR123s... it devours them three at a time... but what a light!

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Surefire G2X Pro last week. Use to own the 200 lumen model, miss the UI and just having one.

Falls under the defensive flashlight category.

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
Tank007 HM-01 Black cat. Why: I've wanted one for a while but am seriously tight with my wallet, I bid on a few and my low ball bid won at approx 1.80 GBP (2.90 USD). Got a few other Tank007's (TK-701, TK-701a, TK-703, 3x TK-566) through the same process. I'll buy anything if the price is right :)

Theron

Newly Enlightened
3 Prometheus AAAs
Kickstarter order that should be coming in a month or so.
Why? Copper version with Nichia 219... The other two will be gifts.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A little black Olight i3S just arrived from Battery Junction. Nice finish and performance, plus a good moonlight level (0.5), though I'd prefer it came on first. Why this one? Pretty much pure impulse. I succumbed to an email ad with a 20% discount. It had been many months since buying a light, but after ten years at CPF it's not like I really needed a new one. Of course, need has never been a big factor.

Geoff

Lexus

Enlightened
Just pre-ordered a SC600w Mk II L2. Over 1000 lumens (OTF), very wide beam, with a pleasing (hopefully) CCT of 4400K. Even smaller than the old SC600, want it for EDC. Neutralwhite seems to mix better with office lighting than coolwhite. Need it for looking inside computers at work and for other closeup lighting tasks. Would have preferred 5000K (like the MT-G2 LED), but the coolwhite (6300K) makes everything look pale and ghostly, so 4400K will have to do. Only bad thing is: no momentary, but in return I can select the light output BEFORE turning the light on with a single hand.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek Predator Pro 2.5. Mostly the unique traits of the light: Extreme programmability, rubberey anodized finish, high throw in a small package.

Chesapeake

Newly Enlightened
Armytek barracuda Xm l2 U2 black bezel..................pure curosity and for $140 with the 8% off it was great value.
Armytek Barracuda XM-L2

Armytek Barracuda XM-L2

Armytek Barracuda XM-L2

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last 2 lights I purchased:

Surefire LX2 Lumamax. : why ? Because it came from the market place for half price and I always wanted one.

4 sevens Quark RGB neutral : Why ? Because I've wanted one for a while. I paid full price for this one from the market place. You don't see them often.

Both lights were in great shape !

moptrf

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac D25C2 Clicky, just starting to build my collection with a few nice EDC's

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
A little black Olight i3S just arrived from Battery Junction...I succumbed to an email ad with a 20% discount.

Geoff

I got the same mailing, ordered an Olight i3S immediately. I got the red; I have no other red lights and I prefer almost anything to black. It was an impulse buy. Nice pocket light, the beam is kind of spotty. It has a twisty interface, and the smoothest-turning threads of any light I own.

Am waiting for a Prometheus detachable keychain light, ordered during Jason's recent Kickstarter campaign. I was an early backer.

Glock 22

Enlightened
The last LED I purchased was a Malkoff M361N. I purchased it for a Christmas present for a friend.

jmclfrsh

Newly Enlightened
Have a 5.11 TMT PLx penlight coming, 2xAAA @90 lumens. Upgrade of the ATAC PL, which is 69 lumens.

Handy light with momentary on tactical type switch. Fits in carpenter jeans alongside an iPhone pretty handily.

Capolini

Banned
Olight M22

Why? I don't have an Olight brand and it seems to be well liked and reviewed! I don't NEED it I WANT it!

Now I can add "Olight" to my Jetbeam, Fenix, Nitecore, Thrunite, BST and Eagletac collection! :thumbsup:

Ladies and Gentlemen, that will be 18 torches in my 11 months of my addiction,I mean hobby! :eek: