What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pre-ordered one of the new Quark Atoms in 123.

Tiny, tiny stainless steel shell; wide 120 degree pure flood. Is it the smallest 123 light out there? Must be close.

I have it's AAA cousin, the Preon 0, and love the quality of light that it puts out--the purest, even-est flood I have seen.

It's not going to be perfection--the tint will be too cool, and it has no sublumen setting, which is a shame. Also, it was a mistake to go with an XPG instead of an XML--when you want pure flood, there is no reason to go for the tighter emitter, and and XML would have given better run-times.

So it won't be perfection, but I think it will be pretty sweet!

And I ordered the headlamp that comes with it. A ball joint, basically.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Princeton Tec Pulsar II at REI. Almost an impulse buy; I had been looking for a little light to keep with my clipper card holder and it was on sale

LRZiDo5l.jpg

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a fairly large collection of flashlights I was very surprised my wife asked me to purchase a light this evening. Yes I get the usual, you sure do have a lot of flashlights. So I go to the store and after hunting for this specific light for a while I finally find it. Hope you guys aren't too jealous because I got my hands on a Flashlight Friend Unicorn. It's for my three year old daughter, guess my wife is tired of her stealing her orange HDS hi cri clicky.

Theron

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight H600Fw MK II... I dont have a headlamp, so length figured I should start somewher.

GolfGolf

Newly Enlightened
I just pre-ordered the Quark Atom. I love my mini X 123, and this one is even smaller. Hope it is as good as my mini.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought another Surefire E1L with KX1B head for stock purposes.

Surefire stopped it´s production and I think it´s the best EDC light ever made in the history of mankind. ;)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M22

dont buy lights often, needed an upto date bright model. prefer single 18650's. like my M20s. liked the modes and runtime graphs of the 22. Its a done deal, cant wait to put it against my last upto date dam powerful light - thrunite scorp v2.

now i need a very compact 18650 light........

Marksman762

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E2DL. Replaced an E2d incan and I couldn't be happier. That was a number of years ago now. I'm considering upgrading to the Ultra or a Fury.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
NITECORE MT 21 A
I liked that it is a THROWER. The first night I EDC'd it became invaluable lighting up house numbners from my car. using to NiMH AAs to get this power is a nice feeling
I even like the end cap, despite the fact that it can not easily tail stand. the 'convex' on/off button is helpful easy to reach.

could not resist the deal at illuminationgear either. glad I got this light....... proud to carry it and talk about it when asked.

Last edited:

d123

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Nitecore EA4, I wanted a powerful reasonably priced light that throws a big hotspot and runs on AA.

The EA4 was well priced and has lived up to expectation so far.

nyc71

Newly Enlightened
Olight M22

dont buy lights often, needed an upto date bright model. prefer single 18650's. like my M20s. liked the modes and runtime graphs of the 22. Its a done deal, cant wait to put it against my last upto date dam powerful light - thrunite scorp v2.

now i need a very compact 18650 light........

Checkout the ZL SC600 II.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought a Nitecore EA4, I wanted a powerful reasonably priced light that throws a big hotspot and runs on AA.

The EA4 was well priced and has lived up to expectation so far.

I agree.Love my EA4.

Hard to believe that it's brighter than my TK40,but with half the batteries.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer Fusion 3 in 1 from my local Bunnings. It's actually a reasonable light with a really nice beam from the flashlight and good flood illumination from the lantern section.

Would make a great Christmas present for kids as it has a bit of a toy factor to it with the legs and swivel head.

Mechagojira

Newly Enlightened
The last light to join my collection was a Mini maglite pro+,
I liked the increase in lumens but I went with the camo
version so my wife could't see that I had yet another Maglite
flashlight in my collection.

Latest posts