What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

We are Flashaholics. Let's face it, out of all our lights, we will really only use a maximum of 3 of them, and the rest will just collect dust. Why do we add to our collection? Are we bored? Want to out-do the co-worker? Are we explorers? Do you feel you have to catch up with today's current bulb? Or do we just need a new toy?

I'll start and say the last flashlight I had purchased was the Ra Twisty 85-TR. I love the quality that Ra offers. I purchased the light because of the red low. Also for the durability. But the main reason I jumped on this light is because it is discontinued, and I do not want to say "what if" in the future. This light would classify as one of my toys, but a very dependable toy at that. Whether I need to use it as a kubaton or use it as a backup to my QAA on 14500.

What is your reason? Excuse? lol

The last LED I bought was the Surefire 6PX to mount on my 870 for home defense. It was the first "quality" light I'd ever purchased.

I just purchased a Nitecore TM11. I needed a decent throw for searching open spaces, without it being laser like.

I was also sick of the guys I work with drooling over their 900lm Ul*#@fire lights. The fact that I got it at $99.99 made it a no brainer

Just ordered a ArmyTek Predator (reg version, not pro)

I was looking for something to replace my older (337 lumen) TK15. Wanted a better thrower. But now I'll probably keep the TK15 since it has more spill and can serve a different purpose that the Predator.

Finally Friday, which means NEW LIGHTS!

I needed to upgrade my AAA Fenix E1 keyring and my AA Civictor belt/pocket lights. I'm sticking with Fenix and in doing so I chose an LD01. And my new favorite out of them all? The LD12! With it's momentary/on/off tailswitch, body mounted mode switch and last mode memory, It gives me THE tactical features I want. I'm liking it so much that I've ordered the two cell version!
bab312c5-aa31-42f9-9f31-53b258e3703f_zps164d10d2.jpg

AA's Civictor single mode vs LD12 modes 1-4:
96529ad4-e169-4d53-b0ef-cd2f4e47b187_zps775f18ae.jpg

4250fc3f-523f-4f45-bfea-0066242153bd_zps77da20ea.jpg

49271fc4-b625-4476-9e07-e31f925ebade_zpsabde2a03.jpg

51d4dc31-694c-4d6a-b7d2-7d1f36c7f286_zps339f026f.jpg

Keels

That Civictor is a blast from the past. Good for you, Keels, for keeping it going. I've still got one around here. It was my first decent single AA LED, and the first Fenix, if I recall correctly. I've always liked its pretty neutral tint.

To stay on topic, I just clicked on an Olight S10. Battery Junction's Black Friday email was just too much for me to resist.

Geoff

47's Quark Turbo QB2A (gen2 xpg2). I needed a 'thrower' to round out my AA collection. This one will be mainly for hiking, small and light as possible. I also have a single AA tube for it in the mail, and some 14500's so I still can get 2AA performance out of a small 1AA size light.

OLIGHT S15-Ti - TITANIUM / Clicky / XM-L2 Neutral White / 14500 or AA / CRI 75 / 120M Range / 260LM - $70 shipped

Elger 180 lumen 6v lantern. Cost $20 with a battery and has three modes - 180 lumen main LED, 15 lumen 3x5mm LEDs, and flashing red LEDs x 2.

Standby current is a measly 15 micro amps, so the battery will die long before the light could ever discharge it. Throws really well, having a 3in reflector. Good loaner light or emergency light for the car.

Well, my Solarforce L2P host arrived in the mail today, so I just had to do something to get it to light up. I found a Surefire P60-CS Incan bulb at a local sporting goods store for $9.95 and got my first set of CR123's to fuel it up.

I know that may not seem like much to most of you long timers here, but for me it was a large step towards learning how to build my own custom lights. I can't help but feel a little excited about the possibilities and feeling a little intimidated by the learning curve. I know this is going to be fun.

I have access to a premier machine shop at the college where I work and I know I will get a few more people interested in building some custom lights.

Oh, and the light came on with no problem with a warm glow at 65 lumens. I am happy.

MykeS

Just ordered the Streamlight Nano for my keychain. Can't help but love the output from such a small light despite the weird battery type.

Also ordered the new Maglite Solitaire led version. Maglite has a special place in my heart because of how long it's been around and their reputation. I actually like the size of the solitaire, but the incandescent bulb killed me. Now that they finally have it in an LED version, I'm excited to try it out.

About a week ago I tried to get my hands on a photon freedom microlight, and ended up getting sent a knock off Fauxton instead. I did get a refund for it. Which is good, because I realized I didn't care for that form factor anyway.

If anyone has any experience with the authentic Photon Freedom and the knock off Fauxton, I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on the two.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ultrafire 15t6 16000 LM (apparently) 15 x Cree XM-L T6 flash light.

4 x GTL 5800 (apparently) mAh 3.7v 26650 Li-Ion batteries

1 x Nitecore i4 intellicharger dremeled to accomodate 2 26650 simultaneously.

Not a flash light expert, was sold on the amount of LED's the light had. Thinking the more the better. I understand this is sometimes not the case, but i would love to upgrade the driver one day to get some more output from the LED's. When i get some spare time..

Fenix E25. I'm a big fan of Fenix's E-Series of lights...super high quality for low cost (E25 set me back $32 shipped). As for the light itself, 2xAA is the largest I like to go, and this one's a great size for a strong 2xAA thrower. Oh, and tail-standing is a must for me, which this one does.

Eagletac tx25c2, the throw is wonderful on this thing, very well designed light. Also just ordered a sc600 mkii l2, cool white version. That will be my flood light

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk