What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Checkout the ZL SC600 II.
thanks ! i have been, i think for its intended use i need a smaller head, something less than an inch all the way. looking at olight S20 ( keeps length down too) or M18, fenix PD3X or something along those lines. might end up with a thrunite tn12 though for the thermal heat management as i will be using in colder climate so it will be able to run brighter for longer compared to the timed step down lights.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Choices Choices.....

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Malkoff MDC 123 TAC inbound. I have an E1B which I like for it's decent high, and long running low. And an MDC 123 which I like for it's higher high, and more useful (usually, to me) beam pattern) Don't care so much for the clicky on the E1B; I'd much prefer the L1 interface. And don't much care for the slow strobe on the MDC. So, the MDC TAC defaults to 250 lumen high, has a low 25 lumen medium, and a real low, I think 3 or 5 lumens. Still a clicky, but... Next up will be the EB1, with the L1 switch.

harro

Enlightened
Fenix TK75 2900 lumen version. Why ?? Cause I like the size, shape, UI, the way the beam puts itself out there etc. And you can generally pick them up for a reasonable price these days, now they've been overshadowed by the RC40 to some extent ( and others of that ilk ). The one big deciding factor, for me at least, is that you have four separate 18650 cells, of whatever capacity and quality you decide to use, as opposed to a proprietary battery pack that has to be replaced as a whole if something goes pfhutt.

LSX

Newly Enlightened
Niteye Eye10 TiC. Purely because I love titanium and carbon firbre. I have wanted a Ti light for ages and this one seemed like a good start as it is priced very well and is still great quality. Although now I have it, all I want is more Ti!!

Keely

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! New(b) member here.

I recently received my SIG P239 SAS Gen II as a Graduation present for successfully completing my Weapons Training Course. I've been looking into (2)AAA EDC lights and within the last week (Thanks to Amazon Prime!) purchased a 5.11 TMT PLx, Coast HP4 and Streamlight Stylus Pro. The 5.11 gets the nod due to ergonomics and ease of tail-switch function. The beam pattern is more floodlight style, which suits me just fine for close quarters/room by room search situations. I tried a friend's Fenix L2D (2)AA. VERY NICE but I wanted a momentary switch, without the extra strobe, SOS, etc.

b2a18360-e8b0-455e-8f3e-b2f37eb2390b_zpsa166916b.jpg

Keels

Last edited:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600 II....Because every flashaholic should have one in their collection.

Last edited:

gsr

Enlightened
I just bought a Surefire G3L-BK because I have never had a 3 cell Surefire, and it was less than $60.:naughty:

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman R02A (dark brown) - should be on its way in a few days.

Was looking for a well built 1x AAA light. Gave my gf an Olight i3S recently, but don't have something myself (yet ;)) to burn single AAA's in. So...

Wanted good runtimes, and low/high mode to have the option of low light / long runtime without having low light output all the time. A few lumens on low, and high output that should run at least 1 hour, is just right (to me) for a 1x AAA keychain light. Affordable, simple UI and nice design/color did the rest. Did miss the clip though, :( but not bad enough to be a dealbreaker.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix HL30 XP-G R5 3 mode, red Nichia led headlight. Runs on 2xAA and has a 4/40/100LM output with a 5 minute 200LM burst mode.

For $42 delivered, it's not too bad.

Chris

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Thrunite T 20. It's the smallest and slimmest 123 light I've seen with memory and moonlight mode. Very easy to EDC. Well made , nice finish. Good beam and tint. Best of all I got it for $16 new!!!

Last edited:

Keely

Newly Enlightened
Just arrived today! I wanted an All-in-one, yet smaller than a (2)D cell, but able to use my Duraloop AAs! Fenix LD41 Max 680 Lumens. Cree XM-L2(U2) LED.

9040883e-88ef-4092-b8c9-e95a816c8195_zpsc560b023.jpg

Keels

Last edited:

TheGreatGazzoooo

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Fenix TK-70. I always wanted one and finally I have it. I love the beam pattern and using my NIMH D cells! It was a must for my collection.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
Yeah it's been 5 or 6 weeks for me now. WHY don't they just under-promose and over-deliver on these ETAs? SO SIMPLE!
mine shown to be in stock and after 4 days finally moved on tracking, so MAYBE only one week but it is the cont. US.

joker3388

Newly Enlightened
My last flashlight was a Fenix LD20 about 4-5 years ago...........until I found this forum again a few days ago........now I just order the Fenix LD41.......Damn! lol

Keely

Newly Enlightened
Today's delivery:

I was impressed with my friend's L2D but didn't care for the switch. With my latest acquisition I have a momentary/on-off tail switch. Fenix E21 Max 170 Lumens. Cree XP-E(R4) LED. Next delivery? FRIDAY!

aadf56c0-82b0-4a6d-9d22-08f205ce2338_zps9a779a9e.jpg

Keels