What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Ratton

Newly Enlightened
Hi There, :)

I recently ordered a 'SR52vn' from Vinhnguyen54. This is the first modded flashlight that I have purchased and probably won't be my last!!

I seldom scroll down to the "CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders" forum but I did the other day. I like Olight lights and the SR52 had caught my eye; then I noticed that Vinh modded them and on checking his subform I realized that he is
located in the US so that made it very easy for me.

I now have a loaded and engraved 'SR52vn' on order!!
:whistle:

sonofjesse

Newly Enlightened
TN12 2014 Edition. I was wanting a smaller form factor 18650 light. Price played a big part (under 50) and I can say I'm very happy with this light been my go to night in the evenings for doing tasks and carrying to work. Seems to have good run times and overall good value for the money.

beakman

Newly Enlightened
Coast HP14 - 4AA - 629 lumen high/52 lumen low version.

My brightest LED flashlight to date, and the price on eBay was hard to resist - much more reasonable than the MSRP. Plus I've been enjoying the HP5 I got previously for a good price on eBay, so now I have its big brother.

Groosome

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore P16 as my 1st 18650 light. I was looking for a 1xAA initially, then I revived a cheapo 1xAA UltraFire C3 Cree Q5 that I thought I broke in an attempted mod which will do for in the pocket. So since I got reading again I got interested and the bug wouldn't go away :)

I like the capacity specs of 18650s especially combined with the 1 lumen low mode of the P16 at over 500hrs. I like the brightness mode stepping too. My Fenix LD20 which I still love goes 9/47/94/180 and I was interested in a lower low and a higher high with more beam distance too and I think the P16 on paper at least has the best mix of what I wanted. I like the idea of the battery warning light through the side button, ability to tail stand, 'hidden' strobe but accessible with 1 button press if you want it and the beacon mode could be handy. Oh and mode memory for standard brightness modes +strobe.

Then came the price. I checked ebay and the lowest price was $63 US and it came with a free knife which is probably worth $15 (item 321471697102 from outdoor-pro-store if you want the last* one... *probably not last). Although I have to add the expense of my 1st 18650 batteries I think it will be worth it. Thanks to stories in the battery section of the forum I skipped the temptation of cheaper TrustFire batteries and ordered 2 protected Blazar 3400mAh Panasonic based cells from a reputable seller. Now the wait for the goods to arrive.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
A Spark SG5-CW
Went with the headlamp format event though I probably will use it more as a flashlight.

I always wanted a mule with the super floody beam and looked at some of the beam shots on youtube of the spark lights without a reflector. Was impressed by the beam quality and tint, so I finally ordered one.

Just for completeness I also ordered the optional reflector that converts the light into a focused beam flashlight.

Ordered from GoingGear late Wednesday afternoon, and the light was in my mailbox by Friday!! And that was with "standard/free" delivery!!.

Like the light! It won't replace my D25A as my edc, because it is more of a special purpose light. If I put the reflector bezel on it I could use it as an edc, but I'd rather keep for when I need a floody light.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I already owned a Nitecore TM15 and TM26, getting a TM36 was the next logical choice.

A Nitecore USA dealer had a very low starting price on the light, so I rolled the dice and got the light for the starting price of $399.95.
I also needed another charger and he threw one of those in as a freebie.
Purchased Friday evening, got confirmation Saturday morning and received the light Monday afternoon.

The dealer agreed to selling the 5 remaining lights for a special discounted price. If interested, I'll PM the details.

msnake103

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC600w MkII L2, I wanted to try another 18650 light for daily carry after using an Armytek Predator Pro v2.5. I like the long throw and flat runtime of the Predator, but thought that the smaller size and higher lumens on the SC600w would be a good tradeoff. It's been carried daily backed up by a ZB SC52, and so far no complaints.

Andi Licious

Newly Enlightened
Just bought myself an LED Lenser P2 penlight.

I have been wanting a small pen sized one to keep in my work pants that I can use to poke into control panels to get details of components with.

Only used it briefly yesterday but it seems to be perfect for the task I require. No more carrying a large torch all the time (although he does still live in the van with me if I need that).

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a 20mm Noctigon triple direct copper star with 3 dedomed XPL LEDs on it.

Thinking I might swap this star into my modded Sunwayman C20C that currently has triple XPG2 in it, with FET driver.

If it works like others have reported, I should get around 3500 lumens at turn-on with a single Samsung 20r 18650 cell .... but it will overheat incredibly quickly, so probably won't be safe to run for more than 10 seconds at that level.

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC62 cool white: 1,000 - .01 lumens in a tiny package with IMHO the best UI I've seen.

johnroq220p16

Newly Enlightened
Just last month I got 3 lights the Fenix UC40 UE, Nitecore P20 and Klarus XT11 upgraded version. I sold my Nitecore MH25 3 months ago, and I think the MH25 is the only thrower in my collection.A week before, I chose to sell the Klarus XT11 because I want to have a thrower again. Yesterday I got lucky to test the Nitecore SRT7 and Nitecore P16 before buying. Although I didn't get the chance to compare them in long distance I chose the P16 because the beam is clean and more focus and no artifacts. I'm a little bit dissapointed as I really like the design of the SRT7 but there's lot of artifacts coming from the reflector. I decided to buy the P16 because I need a thrower and I'm satisfied with the performance of this light.

kj2

Flashaholic
ArmyTek Wizard Pro, and I went for the warm-version. It's my first warm light and bought it specially for walking/hiking. Color rendering is great and easy on the eyes. :)

2s7w16r.jpg