whats ya fav scene in a funny movie

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The scene in Woddy Allen's "Sleeper" where he's fighting the giant alive instant pudding in the kitchen with the boat oar... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

skillet

Enlightened
"Groundhog Day"
Bill Murray in the shower when the water goes cold.. Dear Me... Him beating the shower head out of the way and flatfoot jumping out of the tub...

Skillet

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
In Blazing Saddles, the bartender spends quite a while polishing the beer mug.

And then spits into it to polish that last little speck of dirt.

And of course, from Young Frankenstein...

"What great knockers!"
"Why, thank you, Herr Doctor."

Bless Mel Brooks' heart (and his twisted sense of humor).

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blazing Saddles.
Mongo punches a horse, horse falls to the ground with it's rider still on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

There was one in Ghostbusters I cant quote here (language), but it was the scene in the Mayor's office after all heck is breaking loose accross the city. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Idunno which is my favorite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghostbusters has to be one of the funniest all round movie series. Humor for the whole family!!! They seem to be on TV a lot now.

Another great scene from Young Frankenstein...."Walk this way...." (not much I can do to describe it but if you've seen it you know what I mean)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Every time I'm scanning thru the channels and run across Ghostbusters, I stop and watch. One of my fvorite lines from the movie was from Bill Murray in the kitchen scene with Sigorney Weaver. After opening the fridge door and finding a horrid demon inside, he calmly closed the door and said "You don't usually see that kind of behavior in a major appliance."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or in Ghostbusters, without batting an eye, asking the cop, "Dropping off or picking up?"

Or the Marx Brothers bit about the password to the speakeasy... goes kind of ike this:

- I give you a hint, it'sa type of fish.
- Oh, that's easy. Mary.
- Thatsa no fish.
- No, but she drinks like one.
- Try again.
- Swordfish?
- What sorta fish?
- Haddock?
- I hadda haddock, but I tooka coupla asprin an' she go away.
- Sturgeon?
- Aw, you crazy, a sturgeon a guy what cut you open whena you sick.

and so on.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
chmsam said:
Or in Ghostbusters, without batting an eye, asking the cop, "Dropping off or picking up?"

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

BTW, I liked the original GB much better than the sequel.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
BTW, I liked the original GB much better than the sequel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course!!!!!! Who doesn't love a giant marshmallow man!?!?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

CGI is a lot better in the second one though.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just remembered the one from Blazing Saddles where the bad guys are at the campfire eating beans and making noises.

Always wondered why the campfire failed to detonate all that fragrant gas.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
3rd_Shift_Lights said:
Just remembered the one from Blazing Saddles where the bad guys are at the campfire eating beans and making noises.

Always wondered why the campfire failed to detonate all that fragrant gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the first scene that pops into everyone's head when you mention that movie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif I wonder if that was the "Blazing" in the movie's title.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Ghostbusters, . . . . .

[Stay Puff Marshmellow man walking down the street]

Bill Murray,. . . ."Now THERE'S something you don't see everyday!"

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, the scene from Zoolander where that woman Derek later marries is talking to Derek, Derek says,
"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and you do watever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?"
Or something like that anyway...

SFR

Newly Enlightened
A few from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off":

1. When they leave the Porsche with the mechanics and say everything is going to be alright. Next thing you know, you hear the "Star Wars" theme and the mechanics joyriding in the car.

2. When Ferris is frantically running home to beat his parents to the house. He dashes between two girls sunning themselves in bikinis, and then casually walks back to introduce himself.

3. When the guard dog gains consciousness and sees Ferris' principal.

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Monty Python & the Holy Grail, sung by the minstrel: "Sir Robin bravely ran away".

Monty Python & the Holy Grail, in the castle: "Yes, and then spank me, yes, and then me, yes, and then the <censored>".

So I Married an Axe Murderer: Mike Myers singing the Rod Stewart song "Do You Think I'm Sexy" while in character as Stuart Mackenzie, (an old Scottish guy) all the while being backed-up by a chorus of bagpipes.

So I Married an Axe Murderer: Mike Myers in character as Stuart Mackenzie, rambling on for approximately 5 minutes about how big his son's head is: "It's huge. It's a planetoid. It has it's own weather system. It's like Sputnik, quite round but rather pointy in parts".

Austin Powers; International Man of Mystery: The 1st time that Dr. Evil asks for "1 million dollars".

CaddyShack; Rodney Dangerfield to Ted Knight (Judge Smails): "That's a nice hat. You should get a bowl of soup when you buy that hat. Looks good on you though".

Back to School; Rodney Dangerfield: The Triple Lindy.

And finally, (before I get back to work):

Eurotrip, the "Scotty Doesn't Know" part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK,

Animal House when John Belushi is giving a pep talk about not giving up,..."was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, hell no, who's with me,..."

Zackerty

Enlightened
Steven Spielberg's "1941",where John Belushi is flying his 'plane, and "opens" a Coke bottle by smashing the bottle neck against the cockpit window, and drinks the Coke, whilst it spews away from his mouth, and out of the 'plane....

sniper

Enlightened
Dumb and Dumber, where the guy, looking at the two rare, "endangered" owls at the benefit, says to the waitress, "Nice Hooters", then offs one of the Owls with a flying Champagne cork.

The 1957 "Mr. Roberts", Jack Lemmon in the laundry explosion scene.

"Young Frankenstein" Teri Garr: "How about a roll in the hay?"

Not a comedy, but the officer's club scene in "The Great Santini"

Also not a comedy, but the opening of "Always", with the PBY5A water bomber filling its tanks, and the fishermen.