Where did all the oldtimers go.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really an old timer, but been here for a while. Had some great times here and learned a whole lot.
Probably know more about flashlights than everyone i know.

I went from having top notch lights to not having a single one, it's funny how people change and 'evolve' into new hobbies and interest.
I still love LED flashlights and am currently looking for one, lights are getting brighter! :thumbsup:

Shout out to: Milkyspit, Chronos, Criollo, Dmcleish, GreenLED. (sorry if i forgot about anyone)

Had a FANTASTIC Time here, never will forget and will always be a flashaholic :)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case youngins were wondering about the red shoes... see here!
:thumbsup:

I just scanned thru the "Red Shoes" thread and noticed that not everyone who contributed
got the red shoes banner next to their names.
Was there any reason for this ???

Just curious :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
What ever happened to bessiebenny? I know he stepped aside from CPF to do his own blog, but that died AFIAK.
I used to surf his LONG threads tirelessly when I first joined.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just scanned thru the "Red Shoes" thread and noticed that not everyone who contributed
got the red shoes banner next to their names.
Was there any reason for this ???

Just curious :)
I was thinking the same thing! Good question. Old timers, any ideas?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I just noticed March marked my 8th year of CPF lore. I guess I took a break from it for 2-3 years (I'm into guns now), but McGizmo bullied me back in to checking again, so here I am, dusting off the modding box and wondering what to do with what was something like $400 in "bleeding edge" Luxeons and early Crees.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really an old timer, but been here for a while. Had some great times here and learned a whole lot.
Probably know more about flashlights than everyone i know.

I went from having top notch lights to not having a single one, it's funny how people change and 'evolve' into new hobbies and interest.
I still love LED flashlights and am currently looking for one, lights are getting brighter! :thumbsup:

Shout out to: Milkyspit, Chronos, Criollo, Dmcleish, GreenLED. (sorry if i forgot about anyone)

Had a FANTASTIC Time here, never will forget and will always be a flashaholic :)

Hey skalomax old buddy! How are you?

I'm still here, often lurking. Still have quite a few lights, but have built up a collection of historic firearms and custom knives.

I just noticed March marked my 8th year of CPF lore. I guess I took a break from it for 2-3 years (I'm into guns now), but McGizmo bullied me back in to checking again, so here I am, dusting off the modding box and wondering what to do with what was something like $400 in "bleeding edge" Luxeons and early Crees.

greenLED, good to see you back as well!!! Gotta see those guns sometime... Believe it or not, I've still got one of your lanyards that sees almost daily use! Outlasted every other one I've ever owned. Hope you and yours are well. :)

Looks like I missed my six-year anniversary.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Donate them to new flashoholics, to help them appreciate how far technology has come?

I just recently came into possession of a batch of lights ranging from ones as new as SureFire LED lights to as old as ones that use two (2!!!!!) CR-123 batteries to power three 5mm Nichias (and the requisite 2xAA MiniM@g, of course). Yes, I was around this community back then, but still... to see some of these, hold them in my hands, and be able to compare them side-by-side with not only the lights I already owned from that time period, but also the lights I just purchased or received at SHOT Show 2012... wow. Just wow. Oh, and it's also cool to now have TWO EternaLight X-Ray Elites. (Sorry, but I already have a recipient in mind for the spare.)

Anyway, try showing them to some of your newer flashoholic friends, or giving them to some of your interested-but-not-yet-bitten friends, and maybe they'll catch the bug.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still here after all those years.(Hard to belive I joined back in Nov. 2007.Has it been nearly 5 years I've been a member here? Eeek!!!)

#33205 here.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I was just looking at the shoes thing.... and found out I joined 6 months after it was over lol

greenLED

Flashaholic
greenLED, good to see you back as well!!! Gotta see those guns sometime... Believe it or not, I've still got one of your lanyards that sees almost daily use! Outlasted every other one I've ever owned. Hope you and yours are well. :)
Lemme guess, one of those orange ones? ;)