Where did all the oldtimers go.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not really an old timer, but I suppose I might be getting here. I try to keep up with current things, but really I'm just usually pretty busy. Every 3-6 months I'll spend a few hours reading to make sure I didnt miss anything exceptional.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
oldman.gif

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
I won't lie, The passion for it has burned out a bit. I browse around a bit from time to time. I still use flash lights almost every day, but I don't think too much about their specific performance any more, I just need it to work. The gritty details and specifics just don't concern me as much as they used to. As it would turn out, most of the discussion these days will be about discussing the fine details and small differences from light to light. Man there sure are a lot more options out there than there were back when I first joined, pretty good looking options too!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

PhaserBurn ... WoW ... Daily .......... FOR 9 YEARS ..... WOW ...

That might be some kinda RECORD ... of Attendance ... (NO Sick days claimed)

Greta should give you a LIFETIME Supporter badge for that Loyalty !

(I can only claim 6 years of daily attendance)

~

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm still hanging around here too, although I find it harder to keep up with things as the amount of posts and members keeps going up.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still here, and an idiot for not posting more than I do. :ohgeez:

...and very happy that my old buddy Phaserburn is still around, too. :eek:

Good to be here. I'd love to catch up, Milky!!

You need to be an old timer to remember this phrase: "Return to the Pumphouse...!" Someone emailed me about it recently out of the blue.

nbp

Flashaholic
BVH said:
I tend to think of the old timers as those who joined between 2000 and 2003 and were able to participate in the Red Shoes event.

This is generally my thought process on that as well.

I think once you have been here for at least half of CPF's life you kinda qualify as an old timer though.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well ... if that's the case .... then I guess I am one .

(but the Pumphouse don't seem all that long ago)

~

I know, right? But the original thread, "I think I just found a grave in my yard!", was 6 years ago!!! That blows my mind, because it seems far more recent to me.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to be here. I'd love to catch up, Milky!!

You need to be an old timer to remember this phrase: "Return to the Pumphouse...!" Someone emailed me about it recently out of the blue.

LOL! Hey Phaserburn! I remember that thread, although I don't think I ever posted to it. How are you?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Hey Phaserburn! I remember that thread, although I don't think I ever posted to it. How are you?

Not too shabby, js. I still have the regulated TL you made for me, complete with ring-potted bulbs. I saw you selling yours recently, and it made me sad for an era gone by!