Where did all the oldtimers go.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never belong to a forum before the CPF and I must say I've always been very impressed with how well people treat each other here. I think the "oldtimers" did a great job setting the overall tone for the CPF. Of course a lot thanks goes to Sasha and the moderators as well.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Size15's said:
There was a story about CPF Member No.1
It was no assigned for a long time.

As for stomping away of the oldtimers:
:awman:
Why didn't they tell me?!
I can stomp!!

I've seen those '15s, and compared to my 13s, they can indeed "stomp!" :D CPF is the closest thing to a home I have anymore. :)

Larry

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
This coming Friday I'll have been hanging around here 5 years. -And I'm only member #121. I have quit and come back many times. :D

p.s. I think Craig Johnson/LedMuseum is member # 6 or 8 -or something like that.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lips said:
Your # shows 57 ???

Still no clues to who was # 1 or the founder.

What happened?????

Well, earlier in this same thread, someone stated that #1 was reserved for administrative purposes. If it's like my BB software, the name of that account is "administrator"...

JM-99

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
JonSidneyB said:
When I look out on CPF,

I see a sea of people who have been out here less than a year. It is good to have those people but I only seem to see a few posters that go back further than that. We seem to be missing many active people from the first couple of years of CPF. Where did everyone go? I miss many of the oldtimers.

i lost my real account (from the year 2000/2001) in the arc vs. hds wars

artar.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Well....the elves have been busy! My membership number used to be 1555 but is apparently now 561! I seem to remember some house cleaning of unused membership numbers some time back. :thinking:

Last edited:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
how are you finding those numbers....I can't figure out how to find mine to see if it changed.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
bjn70 said:
After people have been on a forum for awhile, somebody gets into an argument with somebody else, namecalling begins, everybody gets mad and stomps away in disgust, leaving the newbies wondering what just went on. I've seen it in every forum I've been on.

Ah! That's what's so amazing about CPF! We've had a couple of those, but the community spirit, goodwill, and honesty among CPF members is stronger. (Plus we have "that place downstairs" to iron out those "little" differences :devil: ).

Yup, what JonSidneyB said. I tried the right-click thingy but I can't see my #.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm an old timer. My join number was 641 before the purge. I'm lurking almost everyday and I've become much more selective in my light buying. I don't post much on any forums lately as I've become very ill from my treatmemt of HCV (Hepatitus C Virus). I'm on week 45 of 48 weeks of tx. My health should come back in a few months and then I can become more active on CPF.
I still love this place and the people on it.

Edit. greenLED, your number shows as 4508. JSB, you are 178.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Luff said:
put your cursor over your username and right click ... don't move your cursor. Your member number appears in the browser's status bar ... you're still #7.
:stupid:
4508!! Pdfffff!! I thought I was much lower than that. Maybe, but I'm near the top on the post count! (which means I spend too much time here - back to work!! :twak: )

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
greenLED said:
:stupid:
4508!! Pdfffff!! I thought I was much lower than that. Maybe, but I'm near the top on the post count! (which means I spend too much time here - back to work!! :twak: )

Never realized I was as low a number as I am - 142!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many different types of light are available now whereas they have to be custom made in the past. I've settled down on my fav few "cheap but good" lights and tried really hard to be contended with what I have. :)

Skyline

Enlightened
Hi, I guess it's time for me to check in as well, although not sure if anyone remembers me. ;) I caught wind of CPF on BFC I believe. I was also an early fan of Brock's web site. :D

CPF doesn't quite capture my attention as much as it used to, but I'm still poking around the LED Forum pretty regularly. Is CPF IRC still around? I haven't tried that in ages too.

Btw, Jon, I was thinking about whether I should get the Fenix L1P. What do you think? Will it be an improvement on my TnC AA 350mA? :p

toodles from #15 (I think it was originally #12 but got bumped up during one of the upgrades??)

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still here, one of the original invitees from Usenet rec.knives, where this CPF idea all started....

--dan